Declutter 2021 Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: Declutter 2021 Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

Spending most of my time using items up, so in a small way decluttering. I will have to get back to going through my closet one of these days. I did go through saved emails, and folders on the computer and managed to divest myself of quite a few items. Still not done though as it seems to be a never ending job.

One day soon I need to move all of the pages I saved into folders and get rid of the ones I no longer desire to look at, follow, or read.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Not too much happening on the declutter front right now. I did manage to shred some paper work and get rid of clutter in my desk drawers. Hope to keep them as tidy as they are now.
Jackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I did some decluttering in the closet under my stairs. I have two wind-up “emergency” radios so will donate one. (One belonged to mom.) I consolidated my “mementos” from my D.C. job and will put a mantle clock at mom’s house.

I have almost a full case of the thyroid food (expiration 2022) I had been feeding Pippi until last year and will donate it along with an unopened box of Purina liquid pouches the vet nurse recommended. I had to buy two boxes of the pouches by mail. I’ll keep the opened box even though Pippi isn’t wild about the liquid. (Buying the new cat fountain has helped her much more, I believe.) I am not sure if the animal shelter is accepting donations due to Covid but I’ll call next week.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Yesterday I started decluttering my genealogy. I had papers I had pulled out before my trips to England and Canada STILL piled on a footstool in the second bedroom. Then I had other papers I had printed out when I had temporary access to a New England database.

I’m getting rid of all the “how to” papers I had printed out about research in Massachusetts, Vermont etc. etc. I have a bag of big printouts of the U.S. Census I had copied at the National Archives back in the day there was no Internet. I guess it is time to discard them.

In recent months I’ve had renewed energy for decluttering after hearing people talk about going through their family home after a loved one died. That is somewhat a burden but in my case I don’t have any close family. My mom had me. She was not a pack rat and I must say it has not been a burden but in some ways a pleasure to go through her things. But I feel that for me I can only leave this world in peace if I’ve prepared as best I can. Kind of morbid but for me the thought is a comfort.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I did a "mini declutter" again the other day to keep on top of things. I went through my craft drawer again and got rid of all but a few items - going to ease up on what I call "crafting" for awhile as I'm not good at it and the things I make are - well, clutter.

Threw out (recycled) some product manuals (vacuum cleaner, toaster, etc.). All that information is available online.

Consolidated some (same item) cleaning supplies and 2 open boxes of adhesive bandages.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Like you Happy Daze, I have done more consolidating than real decluttering.... Though I guess getting rid of rather large boxes that are taking up space could be considered decluttering.

I have managed (keeping track in my journal) of ridding my home of 300 items. Still not at my goal and only a few months left.
Jackie