Declutter 2021 Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Declutter 2021 Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

I sort of let this fall by the wayside in 2020. Perhaps because for awhile during this pandemic things were closed and not accepting donations. I also did it as one of my monthly goals, like X number of items must leave the house this month.

I found that I just didn't declutter....

So this year I am challenging myself to rid my space of at least 500 items, either large or small. If I manage to go over great.

Does anyone care to join in?
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Re: Declutter 2021 Challenge

Post by HappyDaze »

Count me in. My only clutter is in my garage and that is FULL to the rafters - of junk. Stuff. Garbage. An old king sized mattress, old cupboards, an old console stereo, chest freezer, filing cabinet, assorted metal and lumber, an old newspaper printer.

I need to find someone to come haul it all away. It is going to COST me - but it has to be done. I want a very tidy garage - soooooo badly!!! This will be my "big splurge" for 2021.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Happydaze,

It sounds like much of what you have could be carted away for free. There are people around who collect scrap metal and other odds and ends and then sell it by the pound for recycling. My brother did this when he ha a lot of stuff in his garage to get rid of. You might check around and see if there is anyone scrap metal dealers in your area.

Bev
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Started to declutter today. Working on the living room first. Today was cleaning the bookcase. Cleaned out most of the loose papers as well as removing 16 items. Hopefully I will be adding a few more items to the carry bag over the next few days.
Jackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I've been thinking about this - and realized I have a lot of "digital clutter" - email folders that nee to be emptied, photos that need to be deleted or organized into folders, documents I don't need anymore. I don't enjoy this type of decluttering at all - but it needs to be done.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Decluttering the storage under the coffee table and the end table today, as well as putting away the Christmas décor from the living room only. I may go through that and see what can be donated, though I did pare it down pretty good a couple of years ago.

I may even attempt to clean up my side table. I end up having lots of little crafty pieces piled on top of it. They need to be put away, or worked on.
Jackie