Declutter 2021 Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: Declutter 2021 Challenge

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Job Jackie!!

I got started on the digital clutter today by unsubscribing from several email lists that I got on. I haven't purchased anything from Kohls in over 3 years - why do I keep bothering to delete their emails? Same with a couple other stores (Walgreens, Dunkin Donuts) and a couple newsletters. Much more to do! I'm going to work on deleting and organizing digital photos.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Yesterday I decluttered under the the coffee and end table. Mostly it was just clutter that needed to be tossed. Though I did remove 4 cat toys to their rightful storage place.

Today I work on the fake fireplace storage. I do have a feeling that will be more of a reorganizing and removing garbage type clutter though.

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackie, you are going right to town! I will probably not work on my digital clutter anymore today - I got a great start on it yesterday though.

Tomorrow is recycling day - the "house bins" need to be carried to the "garage bins" and the "garage bins" need to be carried to the curb. DD will do that later. She will also take the Christmas tree (all boxed up) out to the garage.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Have completed the office desk, the floor around the desk (have a habit of making stacks), the bookcase, and the china cabinet/hutch combo). I will be moving on to the wine fridge, and the curio cabinet at some point today. Two rooms down and 68 items removed, recycled, tossed or put in their proper place. Doing pretty darn good.

Next room or area up after this is the hallway (three closets, a bench, and shoe storage to go through).

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Getting my garage cleaned out tomorrow - excited!! Then I can organize what I'm keeping (rake, shovel, lawn chairs, etc.), store everything neatly and I'll be one happy camper!!

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:08 am
Getting my garage cleaned out tomorrow - excited!! Then I can organize what I'm keeping (rake, shovel, lawn chairs, etc.), store everything neatly and I'll be one happy camper!!
Yes!!! Virtual fist pump here.