Sandi's 2021 Planned $avings Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
SandiSAHM

Re: Sandi's 2021 Planned $avings Challenge

Post by SandiSAHM »

I believe we'll fall short of the 2021 goal, we'll hit right at 93ish%. It's my fault, had I waited on the whole flooring thing 'til next year we'd have hit it with room to spare. DH said "it's an investment, San," about the floor, so I don't feel that badly (he meant it in terms of 'we'll never have to replace this floor, whereas any carpet will always have a limited life span').

C'est la vie. Next year I think I'll talk him into a less lofty goal. This one took some weird stretching (and more control that I was willing to exercise in terms of floor, LOL).

The other side of that is that stretching savings goals helps keep a more frugal mindset, right, so with my luck he'll add 10% to this year's original goal as the new target. What point is a challenge if it's easy? :lol:

Grocery $ is going way up, so I might propose a grocery-specific challenge. I have some ideas. Might need more Pryex storage ;).
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Got a surprise; a year-end bonus. 90% of which went into savings and 10% to tithe.

This brought us to just a hair over goal!!

Which of course will only encourage DH about 2022 :lol:.

Have a lovely Christmas & a fantastic 2022!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:48 pm Got a surprise; a year-end bonus. 90% of which went into savings and 10% to tithe.

This brought us to just a hair over goal!!

Which of course will only encourage DH about 2022 :lol:.

Have a lovely Christmas & a fantastic 2022!
Sandi congrats!
Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.
Janet Alliesmama