Small Goals - Pennies to Dollars

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: Small Goals - Pennies to Dollars

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:06 am Yesterday was spendy but all planned and/or necessary. Early morning was a trip to a new bakery in town with Hope - they let dogs in and have a little menu of items just for them. They took Hope's picture and she is on their social media. :-)

I got my hair done after that - color and cut - I had her take a couple inches off. That was $60 plus $15 tip.

Went to Tractor Supply for a huge stock up on pet food and some treats. Speaking of treats, we have discovered that my dog and my daughter's dog would just as soon have a piece of frozen broccoli - so yeah!!

Went to Family Dollar and did a big stock up on bathroom tissue (sale/coupons - I hoarded it BEFORE and pandemic and will continue to do so), 4 deodorants (sale/coupons), 4 laundry soaps (sale/coupons).

Then to two grocery stores for the regular haul - bananas,salad kits, almond milk, bagels, the whole nine, plus did a big stock up on canned goods from Save A Lot, got a huge container of baking cocoa because I haven't been able to find it for awhile, etc.

Total spend was over $300 - but it had to be done - critters and people have to eat, etc., lol.
Great haul and really the amount of money you spent isn't that bad. Especially as it was a stock up trip. I won't even mention what I end up spending on my stock ups....Come to think of it we are due for another one this month, guess I will be a bit overbudget on that line.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackie, I agree with you - I was neither surprised nor disappointed when I added up all my receipts. I was happy to get a little stash of canned goods going again - I like to have a lot of canned fruit put away for winter and a lot of tomato soup as well, so got several of each.

The shelves at Family Dollar are pretty sparsely stocked. The manager said they are having supply issues. I find that worrisome. I haven't noticed the same happening at the other stores though.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:37 pm Jackie, I agree with you - I was neither surprised nor disappointed when I added up all my receipts. I was happy to get a little stash of canned goods going again - I like to have a lot of canned fruit put away for winter and a lot of tomato soup as well, so got several of each.

The shelves at Family Dollar are pretty sparsely stocked. The manager said they are having supply issues. I find that worrisome. I haven't noticed the same happening at the other stores though.
I haven't really seen shortages here as of yet, just the constant uptick in prices. I really worry about those who are not able to withstand the inflationary costs.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:33 pm I haven't really seen shortages here as of yet, just the constant uptick in prices. I really worry about those who are not able to withstand the inflationary costs.
Same, Jackie, my heart just breaks for people trying to put meals on the table for a famiy.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I said goodbye to $915 hard earned dollars at the dentist today - but feel fortunate that my insurance is paying $845 of the total cost.

Eating from the pantry, frige and freezer - in this hot weather I don't feel like eating so much. Going to try to continue this through all of next week - those times when I have a "skip a week" on grocery shopping save some serious money.

Made a tater tot casserole in the slow cooker on Sunday and finished the last of it last night. I have a lot of frozen fruit and yogurt so I'm thinking a big smoothie for my evening meal, especially since my mouth isn't feeling all that great from the dental thing - kind of like somebody sucker punched me, lol.

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I just signed up for a Walmart beauty box subscription and paid with a gift card earned from doing surveys - plus will get 1.5% cash back from Inboxdollars. A nice little treat coming in the mail for "free" - 4x a year. I'll take it! :-)

Charles M. Schultz