Small Goals - Pennies to Dollars

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: Small Goals - Pennies to Dollars

Post by HappyDaze »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:19 am You are doing really well and you are on track for a great retirement when you are ready.

I know very little about cars but I’ve heard that tires should be replaced not just because of mileage but also age. I think the rubber becomes brittle - or something. So keep that in mind.

Yesterday at Publix there were no store-brand salines. Last time I bought them I had to get the salted ones. ( I prefer unsalted.) But now the shelf is empty. I refused to pay $3.19 (Yikes!) for Premium brand saltines. So I only have two crackers left ☹️.
OH MY GOSH!!! $3.19 - that is outrageous!!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:11 am Sheila you really worked hard to get out of debt. I know some people never stop they just keep getting deeper in debt. You did a great job, and I am proud of you for the extreme efforts you took to get out of debt. Now you can relax somewhat and enjoy some of what you worked hard to achieve.

I remember there was a time when I put a jar of pickles back on the shelf at the grocery store due to considering them a luxury item. I remember when I found Dollar Tree. That was a big change in my shopping. I remember one of my aides telling me that I should buy the item at the grocery store to get more, and it would cost less in the long run. Yes, it would if I had that kind of money. I do not remember what I was buying. I told her maybe you can but if you only have $1.00 at least you can buy it at Dollar Tree. I have only been to Dollar Tree maybe 2 times since the pandemic started. They say they are raising their prices to $1.25. Not sure if that is for all items? Have you been and have you seen any price changes?
Not yet, Janet - I heard April 2022 is when DT will raise many items to $1.25. There are a few things I will probably still buy there - like the frozen blueberries.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:56 am Not yet, Janet - I heard April 2022 is when DT will raise many items to $1.25. There are a few things I will probably still buy there - like the frozen blueberries.
Sheila, Thanks for the information.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:39 pm Sheila, Thanks for the information.
Janet, I was mistaken. I went to DT today to stock up on chicken broth to put on the cats' food and everything is $1.25. Still the best deal on a quart of chicken broth in town - by a long shot.

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I spent more than I wanted to today, getting some last minute items for Christmas - vegan "sausage" for the breakfast casserole, cellophane tape, parchment paper - things like that.

I will be ending the year in good shape but am being extremely cautious. My share of my employer sponsored medical is going up 10% and I likely won't see the end-of-year pay increase that most people get because I got that big raise in September. I know better than to even ask.
With prices continuing to rise and everything going on with the pandemic, I feel that I can't be too careful I'm panning a "no-spend January" and a bare bones budget throughout 2022, will keep doing the online surveys, product testing, dog sitting, etc. and pinch every penny until Abe screams.

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:54 pm I spent more than I wanted to today, getting some last minute items for Christmas - vegan "sausage" for the breakfast casserole, cellophane tape, parchment paper - things like that.

I will be ending the year in good shape but am being extremely cautious. My share of my employer sponsored medical is going up 10% and I likely won't see the end-of-year pay increase that most people get because I got that big raise in September. I know better than to even ask.
With prices continuing to rise and everything going on with the pandemic, I feel that I can't be too careful I'm panning a "no-spend January" and a bare bones budget throughout 2022, will keep doing the online surveys, product testing, dog sitting, etc. and pinch every penny until Abe screams.
Sheila thanks for the update on DT.
Janet Alliesmama