Small Goals - Pennies to Dollars

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: Small Goals - Pennies to Dollars

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:17 pm Sheila great frugal save with the cherry ice pops.

I personally love fresh cherries. However this year have decided not to buy them due to the cost.
Janet, the regular price of cherries here is $7.99 per pound - that's outrageous! Even at $2.49 on sale, I know I won't buy them again.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:54 am There was a young woman in my office who worked in advertising but started a dog walking business on the side in the morning before work and after work. She did so well that when she was laid off she was able to support herself while she got her real estate license. She now does both, the dog walking and the real estate.
That's really neat, Floridacat. I know self employed folks have to hustle hard but sometimes I envy the "freedom" I think they have.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Went to the dentist today. Good news, bad news. The bad news is, I could potentially pay up to $1,760 for the work I need. The good news is, my insurance will "probably" pay about $845 of that - and, if they don't I have the full $1,760 and then some in my checking account, part of the cushion I worked hard to build up.

Friends, it PAYS to be frugal. I have struggled to get ahead and not be "paycheck to paycheck" so if this sort of thing came about, I could fund it. I am thrilled that I don't have to turn to a credit card or some other sort of payment plan for this.

This is a result of a lot of scrimping and saving, not running the heat, having a low grocery budget, taking side jobs, not buying new clothes, etc. Sorry if this sounds like bragging, but I'm quite pleased with my frugal self at the moment.

My darling daughter just offered to pay 3 more months rent in advance (she is already paid till September) and I said "not necessary" - a good feeling.

Yes, I'm bummed that I have to spend the money - but thrilled that I have it to spend. Does that make sense?

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Makes total sense.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:56 pm Went to the dentist today. Good news, bad news. The bad news is, I could potentially pay up to $1,760 for the work I need. The good news is, my insurance will "probably" pay about $845 of that - and, if they don't I have the full $1,760 and then some in my checking account, part of the cushion I worked hard to build up.

Friends, it PAYS to be frugal. I have struggled to get ahead and not be "paycheck to paycheck" so if this sort of thing came about, I could fund it. I am thrilled that I don't have to turn to a credit card or some other sort of payment plan for this.

This is a result of a lot of scrimping and saving, not running the heat, having a low grocery budget, taking side jobs, not buying new clothes, etc. Sorry if this sounds like bragging, but I'm quite pleased with my frugal self at the moment.

My darling daughter just offered to pay 3 more months rent in advance (she is already paid till September) and I said "not necessary" - a good feeling.

Yes, I'm bummed that I have to spend the money - but thrilled that I have it to spend. Does that make sense?

Sheila I am sorry to hear about your big dentist bill. However you are so right in being happy about the fact that you are going to be able to take care of things without using your credit card. That is the way to go. Good luck with your dental work.

It was sweet of your DD to offer to pay her rent in advance. You raised a very thoughtful and kind daughter.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I had to do a big shop for non-food items yesterday. Between Family Dollar and Dollar Tree, I spent $72.49. But, I am well stocked on laundry soap, deodorant, mouth wash, dish soap, cleansing powder, t.p., white vinegar, baking soda (cleaning), facial wipes (confession - sometimes I'm too tired/lazy to wash my face at night - they are better than nothing and get the makeup off), hair spray, etc.

I did a couple of Ibotta deals and scanned the receipts into Fetch Rewards, plus used 4 digital coupons at Family Dollar (including $5 off $25 purchase) and one paper coupon.

Charles M. Schultz