Small Goals - Pennies to Dollars

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: Small Goals - Pennies to Dollars

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:31 am Sheila you did really well with the sales and coupons.

Very thoughtful of you to take in account what your DD is doing around the house to help out and credit her with the $14.00 for the utility bill.
I think I will continue to do that, Janet (provided she keeps her share low - we'll see when she starts running her air conditioner). She also helps me out when I have the care of my boss's dogs - which is going to be a LOT this summer - and won't take any money for it - so it's only right. She worked for a Vet when she was in high school - the place was also a boarding facility - and she learned a lot and is amazing with dogs - so she is a big help.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:37 am I think I will continue to do that, Janet (provided she keeps her share low - we'll see when she starts running her air conditioner). She also helps me out when I have the care of my boss's dogs - which is going to be a LOT this summer - and won't take any money for it - so it's only right. She worked for a Vet when she was in high school - the place was also a boarding facility - and she learned a lot and is amazing with dogs - so she is a big help.
Good idea since she is such a big help and you can use the extra help if you get overwhelmed with taking care of your household and pet needs and your extra pet care for your boss.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Got paid $180 for dog sitting for 2 weekends - so rounded that up to $200 and made an extra debt payment. Ordered a new prong collar for Hope (yellow lab) yesterday, paying with Walmart gift cards I got doing surveys. That's about it.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Spent $26.70 at the grocery and $28.08 at Dollar Tree - and I confess to purchasing some "goodies" that I saw and liked - a rosewater and sweet mint face spray (keeping in the frige - nice!), hair gel, shaving gel, a makeup sponge, watermelon face toner...along with a dust mop attachment for my "swiffer like thing" and a few other cleaning supplies and a loaf of whole wheat bread.

Hopefully, that will be all my spending for the week ahead.

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

My daughter paid her July rent early and I put the full amount into savings. I'm waving the $20 she owes on June electric because they are taking my dogs on extra walks every day - very good for the dogs and well worth $20.

Still scared to call for that tree removal estimate but need to do it before the house is damaged. It's always something - can't wait until I can retire and go rent someplace.

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Well when it rains, it pours. Not only do I need that tree taken out, I have some dental work to get done that I had hoped to put off until winter - but that isn't going to work. I'm not in pain, per se, but let's just say it can't wait that long - or I WILL be in pain.

That is going to "knock things back" a ways and I''m feeling rather discouraged - work so hard, got so far - get knocked back a bit.

Still counting my blessings and know I will get through this too.

Charles M. Schultz