Small Goals - Pennies to Dollars

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: Small Goals - Pennies to Dollars

Post by HappyDaze »

I moved $300 to my holiday club account at my credit union. Not that they're paying stellar interest rates - but because I can't touch the money until October. My car insurance is due in November - about $120 - so I will probably use it for that and the rest for out of pocket Christmas expenses.

The interest rate on my mortgage has been lowered from 5% to 4%.

My credit score has gone up 15 points in the last two months. It used to be 806 - which is considered "excellent" and took quite a hit thanks to my ex - it is now back up to 740 - so yayyyyy!!

I plan to take a loan at 5% and pay off the credit card that charges almost 30% and won't lower my rate - and then aggressively pay off that 5% loan ahead of schedule. That will save a lot of money and, childish as this sounds, my way of saying "go jump in a lake" to the cc company.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Ordered my new slow cooker (6 quart) and toaster (2 slice) today from Walmart.com. Paid with gift cards earned from doing surveys. I have $11.34 left on one - I figure better to save it than spend it just because it's there to spend. Both are your very basic "no bells and whistles" variety. I prefer that in most everything I buy - from coffee makers to cars - just give me a good, reliable product that isn't rocket science to operate.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

I am saving my survey money to buy a Roomba with floor mopping feature when Prime Day rolls around. I have two Roomba robo-vacs now and I use them a lot. Yes I guess I could be considered lazy for buying devices to clean my floors but I consider them the ultimate in multi-tasking. I can be doing other chores while my Roombas are vacuuming away. Plus I save a bunch of money by not having to hire a house keeper.

Bev
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Beverley wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:20 pm I am saving my survey money to buy a Roomba with floor mopping feature when Prime Day rolls around. I have two Roomba robo-vacs now and I use them a lot. Yes I guess I could be considered lazy for buying devices to clean my floors but I consider them the ultimate in multi-tasking. I can be doing other chores while my Roombas are vacuuming away. Plus I save a bunch of money by not having to hire a house keeper.

Bev
Bev, I think that is wonderful! You will be so glad you got the Roomba when it's hot outside and it's cleaning your floors for you!

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Not surprising that my late night trip to the grocery store yesterday was discouraging. Everything is so expensive - I know, you know.

My total before coupons was $92.11 - paid $76.50 plus getting $10.70 back from Ibotta - so did alright. I still need to go to Save A Lot for produce - the prices were just cost prohibitive at the "regular" grocery - although I did buy bananas because they're the same price at Save A Lot - .49 per pound.

I got an amazing deal on two cauliflower crust pizzas. The store had them marked as a "discontinued item" - regular price was $8.49 (outrageous, right?) and they had them for $4.00. Ibotta gave me back $2.00 for each one - score! It's nice to have a quick and convenient meal item stashed in the freezer.

I need to hit Family Dollar today for dog food and cat food. We are not out of either but the stock is lower than I like to let it get. My 14 year old cat Kloey is on a soft food only diet so that is costing me extra - especially since I have to mix a little of the soft food into the dry food for the rest of the cats to keep them away from Kloey while she is eating.

Today is bill paying day - trash service, mortgage, electric, extra debt payment. My daughter paid her June rent yesterday. Her share of May's electric was only $14 so I told her don't pay that - she has been helping me out a lot around here and she walked both of my dogs a couple times last week when I was just too tired. That is worth a fortune to me!

Hoping to have the energy to go to a greenhouse today to see what looks good for my flower bed.

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:23 am Not surprising that my late night trip to the grocery store yesterday was discouraging. Everything is so expensive - I know, you know.

My total before coupons was $92.11 - paid $76.50 plus getting $10.70 back from Ibotta - so did alright. I still need to go to Save A Lot for produce - the prices were just cost prohibitive at the "regular" grocery - although I did buy bananas because they're the same price at Save A Lot - .49 per pound.

I got an amazing deal on two cauliflower crust pizzas. The store had them marked as a "discontinued item" - regular price was $8.49 (outrageous, right?) and they had them for $4.00. Ibotta gave me back $2.00 for each one - score! It's nice to have a quick and convenient meal item stashed in the freezer.

I need to hit Family Dollar today for dog food and cat food. We are not out of either but the stock is lower than I like to let it get. My 14 year old cat Kloey is on a soft food only diet so that is costing me extra - especially since I have to mix a little of the soft food into the dry food for the rest of the cats to keep them away from Kloey while she is eating.

Today is bill paying day - trash service, mortgage, electric, extra debt payment. My daughter paid her June rent yesterday. Her share of May's electric was only $14 so I told her don't pay that - she has been helping me out a lot around here and she walked both of my dogs a couple times last week when I was just too tired. That is worth a fortune to me!

Hoping to have the energy to go to a greenhouse today to see what looks good for my flower bed.
Sheila you did really well with the sales and coupons.

Very thoughtful of you to take in account what your DD is doing around the house to help out and credit her with the $14.00 for the utility bill.
Janet Alliesmama