Small Goals - Pennies to Dollars

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Small Goals - Pennies to Dollars

Post by HappyDaze »

I've been thinking about what type of challenge I might post here for 2021 that would be more than just me rambling and would be helpful to others. A couple of weeks ago someone said to me "My daily coffee habit isn't going to keep me from buying a house." Just my opinion - but I think that mindset is quite dangerous.

So - thinking I will utilize this platform to talk about how those small savings add up - you know, how pennies turn into dollars, that sort of thing - and set small daily or weekly goals for myself to help make that happen in my life.

My small goal for today - to get to $30 on Inboxdollars - so I can have the payment transferred to my paypal and ultimately to my bank account. My current Inboxdollars is $27.30 - I am going to try to get to $30 by the end of the day - so I can get the payment soon. I will have to do a lot of their surveys, etc. - but I have nothing but time on my hands today.

Let's see if I can do it!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Re: Small Goals - Pennies to Dollars

Post by HappyDaze »

WOOP! I'm at $28.05!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I always take a few dollars less than what Hubby allotted me for my allowance every month. That adds up to at least $120.00 a year, which while not seeming to be much added up over the years of our retirements is to close to $2K.

I also throw all our loose change into jars and every second year it pays for the costs of our family reunion.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackielou wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:49 am I always take a few dollars less than what Hubby allotted me for my allowance every month. That adds up to at least $120.00 a year, which while not seeming to be much added up over the years of our retirements is to close to $2K.

I also throw all our loose change into jars and every second year it pays for the costs of our family reunion.
This is exactly what I'm talking about Jackie! It frustrates me when people don't think about their "small amounts of money" as being important. I am not judging - to each their own - but I see people who hit the drive through for a $4 beverage every morning - then go "get lunch" - spending $8 or so every day - so let's say $60 a week - times 50 weeks = THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS a year!!! And these are the same people who are griping that they can't afford car insurance and the like.

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

$28.55 friends - $1.45 away!

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

$29.55 - 45 cents to go!

Charles M. Schultz