My 2021 Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: My 2021 Challenge

Post by alliesmama4 »

Poor Teddi seems worse since his hair cut and medicated bath. So I need to call the vet to get an allergy shot for him.. I feel so sorry for him.

A friend of mine was gifted a new TV but she does not need one since her DGD bought her a new one not too long ago. She was going to sell it on ebay. I need another TV since my 30 y/o TV died last year and I had to move my TV from the bedroom to the great room. I am using a small TV in there which is hard to see from my bed. So I offered to buy the TV. Told her to name her price. She decided on $100.00. I am paying for it in installments. The great thing is that I most likely will be able to pay for about 3/4 of it with cash made from my various survey sites. If I really work hard I might be able to pay for the rest of it in cash in August. If not it is still a bargain and will only cost me about $26.00 out of pocket for a new TV still in the box.

I have been using up what I have in the house. I had leftover chili from a can of chili when I made spaghetti squash chili mac. It was not enough to make a meal so found a can of chili hot beans in my pantry. I added the chili to the beans and had a couple of meals of plain chili sprinkled with shredded cheddar cheese. Another night I made stuffed baked potato using some of the chili and cheese over the last 1/3 of a free baked potato from the BBQ. I know it does not sound healthy but I actually got the idea from a dietician. Tonight I froze the remainder of the chili to make nachos sometime. The chili cost $1.49 and the chili hot beans cost .89 cent for a total of $2.38 + a few cents for taxes. So each meal (6) came to about .40 cents with a few extra food items supplied from things I already had in the house.

Yesterday I cut the last of the fresh celery up before it goes bad. I made a small batch of pimento cheese and used some of it to make stuffed celery. I had that for a snack yesterday. Today I had stuffed celery for lunch with two very small oranges. The oranges were free from my aide. She in turn had been given them through a food give away. I also diced up some of the celery and froze it for when I am in cooking mode. It makes it so nice to be able to grab some frozen and throw it in the pot instead of having to chop it up ahead of time.

Today I had cottage cheese with lots of black pepper for breakfast. Lunch was the stuffed celery and oranges.

Today noticed I still have some potatoes left. They were free from my aide by way of another food give away so decided to make a small batch of potato salad using 3 of the potatoes. Also made tuna fish salad. The onion in the potato salad and tuna fish salad were also free from her. I am doing well managing with what I have in the house with a lot of free foods from various sources combined with what I already have. I have purchased some food but all of it was covered by money that I have earned on survey sites. My goal is to try to not buy anything until Aug 3rd. However that is subject to change depending on how I feel about the quality of the food I am eating for health reasons. I have 22 days to try to manage with what I have in the house.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:14 am Poor Teddi seems worse since his hair cut and medicated bath. So I need to call the vet to get an allergy shot for him.. I feel so sorry for him.

A friend of mine was gifted a new TV but she does not need one since her DGD bought her a new one not too long ago. She was going to sell it on ebay. I need another TV since my 30 y/o TV died last year and I had to move my TV from the bedroom to the great room. I am using a small TV in there which is hard to see from my bed. So I offered to buy the TV. Told her to name her price. She decided on $100.00. I am paying for it in installments. The great thing is that I most likely will be able to pay for about 3/4 of it with cash made from my various survey sites. If I really work hard I might be able to pay for the rest of it in cash in August. If not it is still a bargain and will only cost me about $26.00 out of pocket for a new TV still in the box.

I have been using up what I have in the house. I had leftover chili from a can of chili when I made spaghetti squash chili mac. It was not enough to make a meal so found a can of chili hot beans in my pantry. I added the chili to the beans and had a couple of meals of plain chili sprinkled with shredded cheddar cheese. Another night I made stuffed baked potato using some of the chili and cheese over the last 1/3 of a free baked potato from the BBQ. I know it does not sound healthy but I actually got the idea from a dietician. Tonight I froze the remainder of the chili to make nachos sometime. The chili cost $1.49 and the chili hot beans cost .89 cent for a total of $2.38 + a few cents for taxes. So each meal (6) came to about .40 cents with a few extra food items supplied from things I already had in the house.

Yesterday I cut the last of the fresh celery up before it goes bad. I made a small batch of pimento cheese and used some of it to make stuffed celery. I had that for a snack yesterday. Today I had stuffed celery for lunch with two very small oranges. The oranges were free from my aide. She in turn had been given them through a food give away. I also diced up some of the celery and froze it for when I am in cooking mode. It makes it so nice to be able to grab some frozen and throw it in the pot instead of having to chop it up ahead of time.

Today I had cottage cheese with lots of black pepper for breakfast. Lunch was the stuffed celery and oranges.

Today noticed I still have some potatoes left. They were free from my aide by way of another food give away so decided to make a small batch of potato salad using 3 of the potatoes. Also made tuna fish salad. The onion in the potato salad and tuna fish salad were also free from her. I am doing well managing with what I have in the house with a lot of free foods from various sources combined with what I already have. I have purchased some food but all of it was covered by money that I have earned on survey sites. My goal is to try to not buy anything until Aug 3rd. However that is subject to change depending on how I feel about the quality of the food I am eating for health reasons. I have 22 days to try to manage with what I have in the house.
Janet, I hope Teddi gets to feeling better soon. Hope is going for an allergy shot Thursday afternoon - she is all "itchy" and keeps shaking her head - nobody is sleeping. We are doing the ear drops and Benedryl but the shot is the ticket to getting her (and me) some real relief. I've noticed she's getting the steroid shots 3x a year.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:45 pm Janet, I hope Teddi gets to feeling better soon. Hope is going for an allergy shot Thursday afternoon - she is all "itchy" and keeps shaking her head - nobody is sleeping. We are doing the ear drops and Benedryl but the shot is the ticket to getting her (and me) some real relief. I've noticed she's getting the steroid shots 3x a year.
I hope that she feels better soon. Teddi seems to have to have them more frequently sometimes monthly for a while. I feel sorry for him.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:34 am I hope that she feels better soon. Teddi seems to have to have them more frequently sometimes monthly for a while. I feel sorry for him.
Yes, it is hard to watch them be uncomfortable. Last winter when my car was out of commission and the weather was horrible, Hope went a couple of weeks in misery. Benedryl really helped - she was out of it a lot of the time and sleeping - but at least she wasn't suffering so much.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:16 pm Yes, it is hard to watch them be uncomfortable. Last winter when my car was out of commission and the weather was horrible, Hope went a couple of weeks in misery. Benedryl really helped - she was out of it a lot of the time and sleeping - but at least she wasn't suffering so much.

I have tried Benadryl with Teddi. The Vet told me it was ok. But it did not do anything for him.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Janet, I apologize - when I posted that long post in your thread, I thought I was in mine - goodness, I have been so tired lately that I have been doing a bunch of careless things. Anyhoo - I moved it to my "challenge thread".

I hope you and Teddi are doing fantabulous today!
Last edited by HappyDaze on Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charles M. Schultz