My 2021 Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: My 2021 Challenge

Post by alliesmama4 »

Have had up and down days with Teddi not eating. He ate just a few bites of food yesterday. Today he went for his ear treatment. He is also on a two week course of antibiotics for his ears and I picked up his special RX dog food. Grand total $163.99 today. That combined with the previous Vet bell comes to about
$553.99, then add in the fish capsules of about $20.00 for a total of 573.99. Also need to order his special shampoo ($14.99) the groomer said his last bottle is almost empty. All of this just about wipes out the last stimulus check. He is a little sweetheart and I hate to see him sick and not doing well. I hope he will spunk up once his ears are better. Although I do believe the antibiotic for his skin problem has really helped his itching. I hope we can keep him on track with the RX food, special shampoo, and the fish capsules. I am not going to start the new food for a while since he is going through so much right now. He did eat his dinner tonight so that is good.

I had planned on using the stimulus check for some much needed repairs but since using most of my stimulus check on Teddi I will have to try to squeeze as much as possible out of my budget as I can. The new stimulus check will be saved to go in to an emergency fund which I desperately need. Teddi's medical problems keep wiping them out.

I received my second covid shot today. My arm is a bit sore but nothing too uncomfortable. The first one did not bother me at all.

My nephew and his wife in Tennessee are planning on having their second wedding ceremony in May a family and friends wedding. They were suppose to get married last May but due to covid they called it off and had a simple ceremony in a park. The are both big time outdoor hiking and camping people. They actually met on the Appalachian trail about 4 years ago. So it was appropriate to have their wedding in a park. They just had their best man and Maid of Honor and her mother present. So I need to start to save money to travel there and back. The rest of this year is going to be interesting money wise and a bigger challenge than I anticipated.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Janet, I am so sorry about Teddi. He is a lucky boy to have you to take such good care of him. It's a bummer that his expenses keep wiping out your saved funds - on the other hand, lucky the stimulus money has been coming.

I hope you continue to feel okay from your second vaccine. Take care.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Hanging in there. Except for some tenderness at the injection site, for a few days, no problems with my second covid shot.

Teddi is up and down. He is eating ok. I still have him on pork roast but he picks around the other things. Once he completes his antibiotic treatment I will try the new RX dog food. I did not want to hit him with too many new things all at once. He had a good day yesterday. We both were outside off and on. He was energetic sniffing and exploring. I did a little bit of yard work. My 10 min of work and rest for a couple of hours...lol. Today he has been a slug. However we have had rain off and on and the weather is not conducive to sniffing and exploring. WE may have severe storms later tonight. I hope not since Teddi does not do well with storms.

I baked a roast for Teddi today. I buy small pork roasts. This one only cost $3.97. While slicing it up for him I decided to use some for my dinner. I quickly made some instant mashed potatoes, heated a can of green beans, and added a single serving cup of applesauce. Dinner was ready in about 5 min. The green beans would have been better if I had thought ahead and seasoned them with bacon and onion. I keep small bits of bacon in the freezer for that reason. I plan on saving the mashed potatoes for dinner on Friday. I will add finely shredded cheese, green onion, an egg, potato flour and make potato pancakes. Also will save the green beans and season them with onion. I will skip the bacon due to it being Lent. I plan on making salmon patties for my meal. There is still a little bit of pork roast from the last one I made for Teddi. I plan on making BBQ sauce and make BBQ pork.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Janet, I am sorry Teddi's had a tough time of it. You are a wonderful mama to him. (((hugs))) I hope everything kicks in and he starts to feel much better.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:18 pm Janet, I am sorry Teddi's had a tough time of it. You are a wonderful mama to him. (((hugs))) I hope everything kicks in and he starts to feel much better.
Thanks Mackie. You are a great Mama to your fur babies too. I cannot imagine having as many as you do especially with allergies like Lily Dog.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Teddi is not eating. Yesterday he took about 3 bites of his food. A freshly baked pork loin roast. I ended up throwing his food out Today he is not eating. He does take his antibiotic hidden in cheese so that is one good thing. On the up side the last two days he has been energetic and going outside to explore. Yesterday he even ran almost the full length of an acre to catch up to me while I was talking to my neighbor across the road. He is drinking water so I hope in few days he will be eating and drinking.

Breakfast was the last of the Cheerios with walnuts and raisins. Lunch was the last of the canned chicken made in to chicken salad with some pickled jalapenos peppers chopped up in it to give it some kind of taste. Also had a few potato chips with it. Ate a banana for dessert. The other day my aide brought me two bananas. She said she was afraid they would go bad at her house since no one was eating them. It was a nice treat.

I found some Italian meatballs on sale $5.00 for a pound of them. So I baked 4 to make a meatball sandwich for my dinner. I had sauce in the freezer from the last time so thawing it out. Also a while back, at a store in another town, found gluten free baguettes that will make it more like an Italian style meatball sandwich. Making sugar free Cherry Jello with the last of the bananas sliced up on top. I have not eaten Jello with fruit in it in years. I do eat plain SF Jello and like it. It satisfies my need for something sweet to eat without being carb dense.

Everything is waking up around here. The grass is green and things are starting to bud out. My weeping cherry tree is starting to show a tiny little bit of pink on its branches. Since I live out in the country it is hard to find someone to cut my grass. Over the years my brother has, my husband did it when he was here, and I did have someone that I hired but he was loosing his helper and decided he did not want to make the long drive here. Was lucky that my brother talked to the people that lived next door to him and the woman there said she would cut his grass and mine. This is the third year she will be doing it. I was concerned since she has a bad back. I spoke with her husband last night out of concern and he said she loves to cut grass and if she had her way she would be cutting grass for everyone around here. I called to talk to her today and she told me it does not bother her back and she loves doing it. What a relief. I have an acre and a half of grass to be cut. I do not know how much it cost since my brother pays her. Last year I told her I wanted to pay her and she declined. She said, " you know your brother would be mad at me and you if I accepted money from you." I told my brother I could afford to pay her and he said, " I've got it just put the money in the bank." He really is a good brother.
Janet Alliesmama