My 2021 Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
MackerelCat

Re: My 2021 Challenge

Post by MackerelCat »

Wow, I had never heard of swollen lug nuts and would have thought they were trying to pull a fast one, but the internet says it's a real thing. There was a suit against Ford over it that was dismissed. The problem can make it impossible to remove the lug nuts with a lug wrench, so having a flat tire means having the car towed.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:01 pm Wow, I had never heard of swollen lug nuts and would have thought they were trying to pull a fast one, but the internet says it's a real thing. There was a suit against Ford over it that was dismissed. The problem can make it impossible to remove the lug nuts with a lug wrench, so having a flat tire means having the car towed.
Yep. They explained that to me. I still had to come home and look it up to make sure.. lol. Since I am going on a road trip I want everything working as well as it can.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Having a bit of insomnia.. Bummer.

I had a good day. Did some laundry and outside yard work. The yard work involved clipping poison ivy vines while they are still somewhat dormant. I was very careful and have them bagged for the trash and will double bag them tomorrow before putting it in the trash.

When my neighbor cut down my tree we created a new brush pile and there are some small logs in the pile. I have been carrying them to my log storage area. There are still some nice sized limbs that can be used for kindling so I am going to take my small battery operated chain saw out and cut them up. The tree was dead so they should be ok by Fall and winter. I can only do about 10 min worth of work at a time but I do get a lot done.

Today I made a meatloaf with ground beef from the freezer. I made bread crumbs using up all of the gluten free bread odds and ends from the freezer. I nuked some instant potatoes that I made yesterday. Also roasted some hosta's. Yes, the same plant that grows in your yard landscaping. I cut some the other day. If cut when very young, and just sprouting, they can be cooked in a quick stir fry in a skillet or baked. I baked mine but over baked them. They are not as thick as asparagus more fragile. They were still tasty but very fragile. I sprinkled them with olive oil, salt and pepper and baked them for 10 min at 375 F. I put them back in for 3 more minutes but that over baked them. I sprinkled them with balsamic vinegar when they were ready to be eaten. I have enough for tomorrow and plan on cutting more tomorrow. They will stay good for about a week in the fridge if wrapped in a cloth. I hope to separate my hosta' s this year and plant along the north side of my house so next year I will have more plants to harvest. Cut the spears with a knife or scissors. They should look like asparagus. I do not over harvest just enough for a couple of meals. I do not use any kind of sprays or chemicals in my yard so they are safe to eat.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Janet, I am sorry you had trouble sleeping. I was up right around the time you posted - Lucy thought it a good time to ask for a treat - the answer was NO - I give that dog a treat in the middle of the night and I will never sleep again!

You have been busy! I enjoy reading about your "frugaling" - thanks for all of the inspiration!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Hope you managed to fall asleep finally.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I took some generic Benadryl and finally went to sleep around 2:00 AM and slept until around 6:45 AM. I had been doing well with sleeping better. Hope I do not start to go back in to severe insomnia. The pulmonary Dr does not want me to use sleep aides but at the same time I was so tired I needed to get some sleep.
Janet Alliesmama