Daily Check in Aug 5, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Aug 5, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

Another day, another walk. Yay me! I need to call DS2 and find out if he need help moving to a new apartment on Saturday. Saturday afternoon is a resumption of my cousin's annual "slip and slide party". Her husband sets up tarps and sprinklers on a hill in their side yard. Story is they had an epic party where several families ended up spending the night. hung over, he set up the homemade slip and side to entertain the kids and the hung over adults decided that it looked like fun. I did not expect them to have it this year. They talked about dis-continuing it 2 years ago when their daughter was in college, but I suspect she convinced them to have it so she could invite her school friends. And then with the isolation of quarantine... But looking forward to it. But this cousin's brother and his family are antivaxxers. So I will avoid them if they come.

Otherwise nothing new.

Have a great day,
Maggie
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check in Aug 5, 2021

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning!
Heading back into the 80s ... no rain in the forecast until the weekend (maybe).

Saw the ortho doc yesterday. I still have bursitis in my hip, plus he thinks another tendon is inflamed. I'm sure I aggravated the heck out of that hip in preparing for the new floor in the bedroom. Anyway, time to add physical therapy to the mix.

I am very happy with the bedroom floor, though. Gives the room a whole new look. Now If we could just keep it neat :lol:

Today, some grocery shopping, phone calls, some laundry . (Though some of that is clean clothes that I haven't been able to put away)

Hey, Mackie, how is HB's leg doing? Poor guy can't seem to get a break health-wise.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. This is out last lovely day of cool weather. Tonight we have storms moving in with a gradual increase in heat going back to August weather. Still is was wonderful to have the break we had with a taste of Fall weather.

Today I have to go for my B-12 shot. It is a 50 mile round trip. I do not mind. It takes me back to the town where I used to live. Sometimes I think of moving back there but then it is growing so much it is getting like the St. Louis area too many Malls and crowds of people. It used to be a sleepy University town with lots of lovely little shops. Then this afternoon Teddi has a grooming appointment. He needs one badly. The other day while I was untangling my hose he got in to something and had black goop all over him. I gave him a bath but he needs a professional type bath with a blow out to make his fur look nice.

While he is at the groomers I am going to go down the road to Ruler and see if they have red potatoes. Walmart was out of them the other day. I just need two to make my Thai yellow curry. Also will scout around the store to see if I see any shortages compared to what I have seen at Walmart and on Amazon.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I washed most of the hand dishes except for those I used in baking cookies. I did find a second tiny bag of pecans in the freezer. Just enough for one half batch of cookies. I do have pecans on my list.

I made cookies this morning, the first sheet is done. I usually bake just a half batch. That was 46 cookies today.

It is very dark there is very heavy rain coming. I checked and it hasn’t started here yet.

Other than the cookies I have no big plans for the day. I will most likely cut open the back and turn right side out the tiny dolls I have sewn.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Wow did I ever sleep in today. I didn't get up until almost 8 am. Not a good thing as I am going to be rushing around all day now. That is something I really don't like.

Shopping today is the main chore, and watering plants. The list is actually quite short and can be handled with ease, however getting up so late puts me behind schedule and does not allow me to have a walk this morning. Dang it.

My day will consist of the usual frugal habits, nothing new.

My friend had to travel to the capital city late Monday night as her father was sent from our hospital here by ambulance there. She is still up there (this is the diabetic and she forgot all her meds, her Hubby was taking them up yesterday afternoon). Her Dad's kidneys are failing and it seems the diuretics' he was put on are not working, she also mentioned something about fluid build up. It is not sounding at all good. I would appreciate a little prayer for her and her family they are all very nice people.

Supper tonight will be soup and sandwiches (thinking grilled cheese and tomato). Something relatively easy after braving 3 establishments (perhaps 4) this morning.

Today I am grateful for the extra sleep I got. I really must have needed it.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I am up and getting some laundry done, no road work today so I can hang stuff out on the lines.
New momma wants to go home...because of the pregnancy issues she has had to stay and they are tired of being there as she says "doing nothing" . New baby has a touch of jaundice but doc said just let her be in a diaper and natural light and that should take care of it.
She has to take baby back tomorrow for weigh in and for a check of her lactation. She is trying to breastfeed but milk hasn't come in very well. We shall see if this works, they said it may have something to do with having to be induced.
Baby isn't fussy but is awake a lot at night. I do know she has had way too much company, I understand everyone wanting to be there but they are staying all day.

I will be making them some chicken and noodles, I will take a package of instant mashed potatoes to go with them.
I hope to get them a good watermelon as they do love it and some grapes.
My outside plants will be watered today, but some of them look like they are just done.

Heat is supposed to be back this weekend, possibly storms also...uck. I won't stay in the camper if weather sucks.
JCKitty