Daily Check In September 26, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check In September 26, 2021

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning! Count me among those who slept in today ...

Maggie, our weather is about the same, high 50s right now, but supposed to be warmer than yesterday.

Not a lot going on, mostly household stuff. Though I suspect we'll have another expense: the dehumidifier isn't working.

Had an odd thing happen while sewing the other day. My machine's presser foot came apart! It doesn't look broken, just like the foot slipped off the rest of the assembly. Tried slipping it back on, but no go. Fortunately, I have another one, so I can still sew.

Clem, condolences to you and your family ... Trees, (hugs) to you.
Kitty, sending good thoughts to you and your family that everyone comes through this. (And you be extra careful with yourself, eh?)
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Yea - still a bit on the warm side - but heck high 80s is better than 100!

Slept well. Got the pack up and out. Had my coffee and then remembered a post about tamales.

I had been craving some and the post said you had to get to the little store early. Well to me that is about ten and I made it!!!

I was saying - please don't be out of tamales!!!! They had another batch in the kitchen, Nice and hot. Bought two dozen. The COD loves them. I can only eat a few - too spicy for me. Not hot, just the chili powder stuff they use. Well they probably use the real stuff - the dried chili anchos. or whatever they are called.

Then went to the store and bought stuff to make burgers later in the week and salad stuff. And since tomorrow is the COD's birthday - two cakes.

Now to try to relax. Have a great day.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I am up and have been...doing my usual Sunday stuff. Lots of pics and texts from family...evidently I am not the only one missing my family.
DD has lost taste and smell...feeling "okay" no fever and aches and pains are gone (for Now?) but of course still no energy. They are so bored, and the weather is so nice ...

My dog is not eating very well, still drinking and going out to potty but sleeping a lot.
I have my robo-vac going, not too much else to do.

Just about out of grapes and really wanting some good apples. Might go to the fruit/veg market tomorrow. I won't go today too many people.

JCKitty
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Most likely going to mil's later today, depending on how DH feels. DH feels tired, I'm trying to get him to check his BP, but he's too tired, but not too tired to go to lunch !!!!

GGGRRR Leslies pool people were out thurs to clean the pool filter, today I was going to add the chems and I think that the nylon got sucked into the system.

can't blame anyone but me, so I can't run the pool and they can't come back out until tues. another $160.00

IC
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hello, everyone. I slept miserably and hardly at all last night, having forgotten to take my arthritis medication and then doing a full day of heavy cleaning. Got about 4 and a half hours sleep.

I had a lot of errands today: gas station, ATM, Walmart for cat litter and laundry detergent, and finally to the grocery store for some heavy shopping. DH was working in the yard so I went alone and kept running into people who had a few screws loose. A woman in Food Lion decided to spontaneously tell me I had the devil in me! What? I was minding my own business, trying to buy ham!

I asked the checkout clerk if the public mental hospital had turned a bunch loose again last night. She just shook her head.

Now safely back home, I am laundering our bed covers and sheets and thinking about what to prepare for my lunches. Supper tonight will be meatloaf with baked potatoes and spinach, so I may whip up some salmon patties and bake a few more potatoes to have with the leftover spinach this week.

Definitely not infested by the devil, I wish you all a good day. :-D
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

woah Mackie - that was weird.