Daily Check in Oct 22, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Oct 22, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugal friends,

Fridays have lost their magic for me since I now work Saturdays. Although there is a chance that my Saturday will be slow. I have some documents to revise if I get the chance.

I watched Ds2 playing in an Orchestra concert live streamed. He played the Triangle. It was a rather large part. He is not normally in this Orchestra, but they need an extra set of hands. He should have been in this Orchestra, but his audition went quite poorly. He will have another chance next semester.

That is about all I have for today.

Have a great day,
Maggie
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check in Oct 22, 2021

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's going to be a nice fall day today with the temperature in the high 60s.

Got up a bit later than I had expected but that's OK. Did 2/3rd of my exercise time while my sister was at the laundramat. I also started watching a You Tube Channel where this woman was doing a grocery challenge of $21 a week or $1 per meal. Portions seemed small to me, but since her video got messed up it was a bit hard to tell from the pictures she posted.

Will continue working on my web site update today and my menu plan for next month. Want to read another one of the mysteries in the Halloween mystery set I bought.

Dinner tonight is Chili scrambled eggs that looks simple enough. I have some left over chili from the rice and beans I made on Monday so I plan on scrambling the eggs and putting the remaining chili, onion and some shredded cheese over them.

Well going to go for now. Have a wonderful day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

That is a bummer that you have to work on Saturdays, Maggie. Wonderful about your DS2's performance!

DH apparently was in meetings all day yesterday and never had a break for lunch, so he was starving when I got home. I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open, so DS got us a medium pizza to share. There were two small pieces leftover, so that's my lunch for today.

My lovely boss is out sick this morning. I'm sure hoping for a quiet day.

If I can find a place nearby that makes a real strawberry milkshake, I will get one at lunch and take it to HB at the hospital. He is barely eating and was already 30 pounds underweight going into the surgery. He perked up yesterday when I was naming off things he might like and we hit "a real milkshake."

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It is getting harder for me to get onto the forum from my laptop. I may end up trying to install Chrome on this computer and see how that works as Edge is bringing up all kinds of errors and problems. I hate using my phone as the keyboard is miniscule and it takes forever to type a response out. Guess I could use Chrome on my mini computer on the TV, but I am lazy and don't like having to sign in all the time. Aaron is working on it, so hopefully he and the crew come up with a solution.

While it is cool today, it is not as cold as yesterday. Still below freezing, but if I put on my winter coat I should be nice and warm. Perhaps too warm in fact. I will head out for my walk and then get a few household tasks completed before moving my sewing machine to the kitchen table and starting to quilt. I hope to have the quilting done fairly early so that most of the afternoon can be spent on the binding. This gift will be done today.

It will be a week since I last set foot in a shopping establishment today. We still have plenty of milk, fruit, and hardy veggies. I might just be getting the hang of this. I do think this is helping me be a tiny bit more frugal as interesting or on sale items are not being put in the cart. I am still stocking up for the winter and whatever else could happen so on the biweekly shopping trip cans, and non perishables are slowly being added to the pantry. Paper goods as well.

This week, instead of recycling the milk jugs I am going to start washing them and keeping them. If I decide to go to a monthly only shop I will at least then have a number of jugs that I can use to freeze milk or that I can fill with water and freeze to ensure we have water if the waterlines develop problems (they usually do so in the spring with the thaw, freeze cycle). This year was the worst for having no water for a day or more.

I need to remove a few items from the fridge as Hubby wants to level it once again. Seems he either forgot to do so when the fridge arrived or did not do the usual great job he always does. It should be easy as I really have been trying to keep things to a minimum on the shelves in there. However the top of the fridge is another story. I have the toaster oven up there, bbq tools, and my boxes of freezer bags so they are in reach when I freeze leftovers, or repackaged meat items. I think right after I dust and give the living room a tidy I will take care of that.

Supper tonight will be salmon just not sure if it will be a casserole or patties, and that could change the sides a great deal.

Today I am grateful that my leading the Bible study session is done. I can rest a bit easier now.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all!!

I slept much better last night. Only got up once. I got up at 8:15, so my day is off to an early start. Part of the pack went out - the big ones. The little ones are lazy and just use the wee pads. Such good well trained girls. We buy wee pads in the big boxes from Sams - 120 per -box.

Have a few things I want to get done today besides the usual mopping and sweeping.

It is nice and cool outside. Sunny and bright.

Thinking about breakfast/lunch.

Hope all have a great day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

still getting the error when I use Chrome, but works okay when using Bing.