Re: Daily Check in October 28, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good almost noon, LOL!

Cloudy and we're about to get the start of what will be 2 days of rain.

Did a quick trip to Aldi. Have decided it's more cost-efficient to buy the bagged salads rather than a head of lettuce. Just not happy with the condition of the lettuce heads, no matter where I buy them. Not frugal to be throwing portions away.

Little Girl is fighting me on taking meds, but am managing to get it into her. (well, most of it). She's being a bit fussy about dry food (she prefers canned, anyway), so I've been serving the wet food on top of the dry.

Janet, I'm sorry to hear that Teddy's having allergy issues (Big Boy can relate). Those unexpected vet bills are not fun.

Mackie, continuing to pray for HB. Around here, I see young'uns (mostly boys) wearing shorts through the winter!

Kitty, congrats on the new arrival! Glad all is well.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

My DS2 went through about 3 years or so (Middle school/Jr High) where he wore shorts everyday, even walking to school unless it was actively snowing or snow was on the ground. Then he woudl wear "swish" pants. Nylon workout pants. He outgrew it. Uniform code in High School helped and running around on campus.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Aldi used to have very nice three-packs of romaine hearts in the cooler. DH likes a very green salad, so I'd buy those, slice the rib out of the leaves and make salad from it. I have not been to Aldi since the pandemic because the store is snug and always crowded, though.

We had to give old Ollie Cat a follow-up dose of deworming medication last night. He had the first big pill three weeks ago, and then this second and final one. He was Not In The Mood and we got about half the pill down him with a mighty struggle. Half is enough, I think, considering that he's lost weight in his old age and medication covers a very generous weight range. His eyes were black with rage by the time we stopped messing with him. Fortunately for us, he is a very good-natured cat or we'd all have been bleeding from lots of places.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I would swaddle my cats if I had to give them meds in pill form. Wrap them up tight in a towel.

It was nice when the meds were in liquid form and a quick squirt down the throat worked. They never saw it coming!!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

oMG - the COD probably needs to be swaddled.

having debit card issues. For some reason his was declined yesterday. I called the bank and they said it had been declared a "hot" card. I had no clue what that meant. Poor lady on the phone was battling coughs and sneezes - so I didn't ask much. Guess it means that someone reported it lost or stolen. Who knows how that happened.

So I ordered him a new one. And told him not to worry - if he needed money, since he is terrible with that - I would give him some. It is like he didn't hear that and kept saying he needed his debit card. I said it is coming in the mail. Then he called them and ranted a while. Poor guy.

He is terrible with money.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I made lunch and the COD came out of his room and apologized for being so upset.

I told him I didn't want to hear it. I had told him I had the situation under control and he just threw more wrenches in.

He is weird.