Daily Check In December 1, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check In December 1, 2021

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I finished several presents last night. I now need to pack and plan to mail.

I still need to sew a couple more wristlet key fobs.

The present to be mailed are almost done.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Mackie, I hope that your DH continues to feel better today.

Happy 19th Birthday to Pippi! I’m blessed that she is still with me.

I’ve already been to the Publix that sells the FreshPet to buy another bag because she likes it. That store is in a very busy area and it is a nightmare in the middle of the day. Next time I’m in the Publix where I get my Rx, closer to mom’s house, I’ll see if they carry it there. I bought Christmas stamps at the Publix checkout today, too, and noticed in the canned cat food section there are signs now limiting purchases to 10 cans.

The whole turkey situation seems strange. I noticed after Thanksgiving at my small Publix, the freezer bin was still more than half full of turkeys, mainly larger ones.

I love my Christmas tree! I say that every year. But truth be told, the small, 1’ tree on my breakfast bar that I’ve had “forever” and has colored lights makes me smile just as much. I’m done with my decorating and can now enjoy it.

It is a cool morning and I wore my jacket for the first time, but it’s sunny and already warming up and will be in the 70s.

Have a good day.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute mes amis!!

I have been up several times this morning. For a couple of hours at 3 and then back up at 6:30. I am just now made coffee and letting it cool and then getting my caffeine intake.

I've been working on a "dream" grocery list since the weekend. Today, I made the "I can buy this" grocery list. I've definitely got the ingredients for Clem's beans on my list with the fixin's!! I'm really looking forward to eating those!!

I just paid the bills through online banking services this morning. That felt good. It also let's me know what's in the budget. I think, for this month, I am going to take out cash so that I know that is ALL I can spend and not worry about overspending on my debit card.

I plan on going out for groceries today and get a few nice cards at Dollar Tree and Hunter Kitty's Christmas present. I might also go to Pet Lovers' Warehouse and get Lily Dog's Christmas present too. They are both on the WAY under $5.00/gift list. Emmitt and Dayton are on the $5 to $8.00 list and everyone else is on the baking list. I have the ingredients left over from last year to make a 9X13 pan of fudge. I plan on the Maraschino Cherry Almond Chocolate Chip cookies (they look so festive!) and mini "Grinch" muffins (The pistachio muffins have been renamed for Christmas since they are green) and I am thinking about making Caramel corn. I have a HUGE industrial size container of popcorn and it is easy enough to make. I loaned out my roaster to a young woman needing one to make Thanksgiving Dinner. I've been half-heartedly trying to get it back. I need it if I'm going to make caramel corn! I say half-heartedly because I haven't used it in ages and it did free up some room, a bit of haphazard decluttering if you will.

Like Jackie, I got a flash of a weather report on my computer this morning that we may have icy rain. This also means I need to get my hiney down to Canadian Tire and buy an ice scrapper. I found the one I like and it costs only $1.99. I think I'll buy two so I can keep one in my purse in case of those days when the freezing rain has coated the Van so much you have to chip your way in. It is a flat scrapper a little bigger than your palm. I had one for years and it got lost somewhere in the car transfer.

I've kind of run out of stuff to eat for breakfast around here. I may have chicken noodle soup for breakfast!! Anything to get the day started. I have bread but no cheese, no peanut butter, no jelly, no jam, no nothing. I was hoping peanut butter would be on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart last week but no such luck. Maybe this weekend.

I'm hoping to get out to do my shopping around 3 pm. That's about the time I figure I can get my act in gear for a day to get out and going. LOL

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ

OH and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PIPPI KITTY!!! Enjoy some good treats and cuddles with your Mum!!
Hope has a good imagination.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is raining off and on with a temp right now of (45 F) (7.2 C). It is going to go up to (60 F) (15.5C) by this afternoon. Tomorrow the high will be close to (70F) (21.1C)! This is very unusual weather for December in our area of the Midwest.

I could not get to sleep last night and was awake until 4:00 AM. Around 2:30 AM I finally got up and took a pain pill and a muscle relaxer. I did not want to get up when the alarm went off at 7:00 AM but I did. I staggered into the kitchen and made much needed coffee. Not! When I went to pour my coffee there was just hot water in the pot...lol. I forgot to put coffee in the pot. Made a fresh pot of coffee and now feeling somewhat better. Normally I do not need coffee to get my day going. I am drinking decaf so it is not a needed jolt. I just like the taste of it when I get up in the morning.

Today I plan on getting my Christmas dishes out. I have three sets. One set goes on my hutch and the other one I use for my everyday eating. The 3rd set is more for when I have company for dinner. Of course, those days are behind me. Still nice to have for just in case. Also have a lot of Christmas things like a cookie jar, pitcher and other things along that line.

I feel like the Grinch. Even though I live in a rural area a lot of the neighbors already have their Christmas decorations and outdoor lights blazing. I just do a tree in the dining area of my great room. It faces the front of the house and is in a lovely bay window. I bought a 4ft tree last year on sale after the holidays and I plan on putting it up in my kitchen. I have all kinds of kitchen type ornaments that I have collected over the years and I plan on using them on that tree. Plus, I want to make faux Christmas cookies that can be used year after year.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

wow - 19 years old! Happy Birthday Pippi!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Happy birthday, Pippi!
Mackie