Daily Check In May 16, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In May 16, 2022

Post by Quilter51 »

Well, I went to do errands but I had to cry uncle due to the heat and my limitations and will continue another day.

Although my foot is doing pretty good PF wise today( I hate to say it out loud), and I have a allowed my feet a few steps on the carpet since I got home. I am a barefoot person and between having diabetes and PF right now so miss being able to just rub my toes in my carpet.

I'm doubling up on eggs as I had the at nine and now at one I'm having egg salad on whole wheat and a cutie. For dinner I am making brown sugar garlic chicken thights (oven rather than slow cooker I think) and then I will have extras to cut into things like chicken stuffing casserole and such.

About to do an hours worth of earnings I hope, and then spend the rest of the day in my studio with a couple breaks for walking and house pickuping.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I got out of bed early to take my meds and went back. I got up rather late but I'm okay with that. As funny as it is about how I don't like having to wait that hour for breakfast, I haven't even eaten lunch yet and it's 2:30 here in Manitoba!

I just finished putting my crockpot of Chicken Marrakesh together and have it on for supper tonight. I will be able to package up any leftovers for the freezer. Since I'll be away for the weekend, I'll probably have it for supper tomorrow too, I really like it!!

I think it was Quilter who mentioned her paraffin wax for hands and feet with her RA. I had one ages ago and it was SO NICE!! I saw one on FB marketplace last night for a really good price (VERY CHEAP!) and hope it is still there to get with the dog sitting money I get from Charlee. I really need it for my dry hands with hangnails all the time and this one is big enough for feet up to size 10! Well, I don't need that big but it's big enough! It comes with a box of brand new wax too! Got my fingers crossed.

I'm not sure what else I am getting up to today. Got all the garbage and trash organized. Taped shut the coffee can I use to hold organic matter (onion ends, potato and carrot peeling snd the like) and tossed it in the garbage. Had to start a new one while doing my chicken marrakesh. I keep the empty coffee cans as my "counter compost." Works great! And does a bit of reclaiming an item that would have just hit the garbage. Keeps the counters from being so messy while making any dish.

I had to charge my Fitbit overnight. It's all set to go. I have a question for people who count 10K steps a day for exercise. How long did it take you to get to that number of steps. How long of a period of time does you take to walk? Keep in mind, I've been terrifed of taking walks for fear of someone sneaking up on me while out there (part of the CPTSD). I've talked to my shrink about my fear and he keeps telling me its usually the same people out walking and walking dogs at the same time every day. I am working up my courage to go out and start with VERY short time periods of walks. I figure it is a start. I've already scouted out my walking path across the street and have the start point and a garbage bin as my stop and turn around point. I don't think I'll get to that this week. I think, if she will allow me to put on her leash and walk with me, Charlee and I will try to go out for a walk at least one of the days I am there.

Well, time for me to go and find something for a very late lunch!!

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Whew, I just put in another couple of hours of carting around furniture and flinging out trash. When new Lovely Boss gets off the phone, I need to run the vacuum cleaner in the office.

The students moving out of this building left behind a half dozen vacuum cleaners and Lord only knows how many brooms and mops. I corralled them all in the resource suite, along with many rolls of paper towels and boxes upon boxes of cleaning supplies.

I think we have one more piece of furniture to move today.
Mackie
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

A late hello~
Big storm happening now. We were busy battoning down. Oldest granddaughter helped us while youngest granddaughter was helping her Mom.
DH had surgery on his hand this morning for a trigger finger. He couldn't move it and it was painful. He says it already feels better.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

This morning was walking club at our waterfront area. More participants are coming which is wonderful! I managed to convince an old teaching colleague to come. She was a bit sceptical as her mobility is slightly limited and she was afraid she wouldn’t be able to keep up. I promised to walk with her. It’s true that she’s one of the slower walkers but I go mainly for the socialization anyway. She’s a single person and found this past winter very difficult. She’s hesitant to walk on her own due to security concerns so group walking was perfect! She’s now enthusiastic and plans to come on Wednesday as she said it was a very supportive and non judgmental group. I introduced her to some people and I hope she’ll go even if I am unable. She insisted on treating me to a coffee.

By the time I returned, it was almost time to get ready for lunch. Dh was working in the garage and I assisted him in hauling down all the patio furniture and summer items from the loft. He really is getting a little too old for crawling around up there, but he hates clutter in the garage. It does get stuff out of the way so we have a lot more clearance in driving the car inside.

After lunch we received our second booster ( 4th shot) of our respective Covid vaccines, printed out the necessary documents and will get it laminated for travel purposes. I made photocopies of the papers from our printer and I did some other “office” work at the same time.

A bit more yard work and garden preparation was done. Environmental waste collection is next week so want to be able to put out as much of the garden debris as possible.

Felt a bit tired so I rested and read my book and finished watching the Prime movie “ The Vow”. I love sentimental movies so I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Still no ill effects from the booster - not even a stiff arm!

Have a wonderful evening everyone!

Creative
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Trees, glad your hubby's finger surgery was a success and I hope the storm coming yur way passe through quickly.

I am feeling a lot better today. When I first started work this morning I was slow and stiff but as the shift progressed I started to limber up. Since I have the day off tomorrow I will do a litte grocery shopping this afternoon and try to make a stab at some meal planning.

I brought home more scrambled eggs with sausage patties from work. DS and Buddy really like them. I will probably bring more scrambled eggs home on Wednesday. My freezer has become full of rescued foods from work but let me tell you I have noticed the difference in food expenditures the past several months. It beats tossing it in the trash bins at work. Such a waste! I will have enough rescued foods and freebies to help tide us over the summer and get the new A/C paid off.

Bev