Daily Check-in June 24, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in June 24, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackielou wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:51 pm That is just great. A person always heals better at home.
Thank you, Jackie.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:16 pm looks like they are taking real good care of you!
Yes but I found out that the home health will only come once a day and I will have to do the second treatment myself. I hope I can do it. I’ve asked moms neighbor Joanne to help me. If I feel I need a second person all the time, I’ll go stay at my good friends house (the place I go for Christmas). She invited me to stay.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

FloridaCat, that is great news!
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:33 pm Yes but I found out that the home health will only come once a day and I will have to do the second treatment myself. I hope I can do it. I’ve asked moms neighbor Joanne to help me. If I feel I need a second person all the time, I’ll go stay at my good friends house (the place I go for Christmas). She invited me to stay.
you have such great friends!!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Not sure if I posted this earlier - sibling had to go to the hospital again.

It is basically anxiety issues. They can't keep her there for that. Gave her some xanax and sent her on her way.

Well she is moving next week, but told her son that she didn't want to see people. Well the people she might have seen were going to help move the furniture to her new place. So I guess the son and DIL will take care of that.

Boy she is really overwhelmed. Our family was huge - maybe all that activity while growing up affected her. 11 kids in the family. We were a wild tribe - lots of talking, playing etc. Maybe that affected her?
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening beautiful people,

Floridacatlover I am so happy you will be discharged soon. You definitely will feel better once home and I am quite sure you’ll recover more quickly. Wonderful you have some friends you can depend on and I think it speaks volumes on the kind of friend you are too!

Another hot and busy day - just what I love. I started the day off with a walk and patio visit with a neighbour friend. Then back home for lunch which I ate on the deck while listening to the robins. Then a trip to Dollarama and Safeway. I must be a real sucker for lawn/garden ornaments as I ended getting two more (but at least remembered to buy the make up remover wipes I went for originally). I bought a few food items there too as they were less expensive than in the grocery even on sale, specifically Maxwell House French Vanilla instant coffee which Dd2 loves. Didn’t get sidetracked at Safeway and only bought what was on my list.

Came back and worked on the garden. I received a lovely, long letter from a penpal in Holland. Responded to messages/e-mails and before you know it, it’s time to prepare dinner.

Just have had time to check in here now. The Roe vs Wade ruling came up on my Apple News, but I haven’t even watched the new tonight.

Have a restful sleep all!
Creative