Daily Check In, August 8, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check In, August 8, 2022

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

ownedbydogs wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:28 am Prayers needed today for a good outcome for baby court case. Hope she doesn’t show up. COVID cases close by that may effect my son in law and have been in close contact with him almost everyday. Have had storms here every afternoon for about a week and it took some limbs off our tree Saturday night. Lots of trees down everywhere and lost power for about 4 hrs.

Everyone have a great day
Owned,

Prayers for a good outcome on the adoption hearing today! I hope you officially add a new family member!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Slept in a tad and now of course I feel very rushed. The list is long and while I can do chores in-between wash loads I just hate not having started anything and it being after 7 already.

I am almost finished my first cup of coffee (went through emails and read some mail and news) and will be getting the second one shortly. I think we might just be in for a weather change as my hips are killing me this morning. That actually started in the middle of the night. Dreading the temperature fluctuations that we will be getting very soon. Wonder if the dandelion oil that I made this spring will really work.

So dusting, mopping floors, cleaning sinks and counters, cleaning the bathroom will all take place while switching laundry around. I might even get vacuuming and dehydrating herbs in there somewhere.

I need to make an eye appointment at some point today, and see if Hubby will wait until tomorrow to get his phone after I have done the biweekly shopping. It could be later as I don't know how his legs are healing after his tumble on the rocks and the loss of his cell phone in a hole filled with water.

Once household tasks are done or close to being done, I will work on the embroidery and watch old Star Trek episodes on Netflix. So much fun watching Spock, Bones, Scotty and Captain Kirk once again.

Not going for a walk today as I put enough steps on going up and down the stairs doing the laundry and taking it out to hang. Add in the other household tasks and there are a great many steps taken.

Supper tonight is going to be soup and I will boil some eggs for egg salad sandwiches. We had a big meal last night so tonight should be a bit lighter fare.

Today I am grateful for Tylenol which seems to be working on my hip pain today.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Clemencia,

I was sorry that you lost your sister. I am so glad you were all there to ease and comfort her into her transition into the next adventure (for we know not what heaven is like until we get there). Take care of yourself and COD. You two need to take it easy. Clem, you've been going 100 miles and hour for weeks. Time to take it easy and enjoy those breakfasts out and a nice iced coffee at home.

Will your cousin, the Priest, be doing the service? My Aunt Lil, the nun, played all the music and hymns for my Dad's funeral. It was really nice that she could provide that memorial to Dad at the service.

MJ
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Florida,

My next door neighbor and friend, Ron, had his appendix burst. They did a CAT scan for that and at the same time discovered a tumor on his kidney. That was about 10 years ago, They removed his kidney and while it took a while for him to heal, his recovery was only waiting around for the incision to heal and get the okay from his urologist to go back to work.

I must say, he doesn't take good care of himself and I try to remind him he only has one kidney when he is tossing back the whiskey cokes all weekend. That's about all I can do. He's quite healthy so he's doing well with his one kidney.

I hope your surgery and healing goes well and heals quickly.

Have you looked into getting anyone to do the shrub trimming and what not at your Mum's house while you are recovering? I don't think you will be able to do the stretching and such needed to do that for about a month if I remember correctly. I know you like to keep it nice and trim so I thought I'd ask if you had set something up for that?

MJ
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

ownedbydogs wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:28 am Prayers needed today for a good outcome for baby court case. Hope she doesn’t show up. COVID cases close by that may effect my son in law and have been in close contact with him almost everyday. Have had storms here every afternoon for about a week and it took some limbs off our tree Saturday night. Lots of trees down everywhere and lost power for about 4 hrs.

Everyone have a great day
Praying.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I've gotten up, started up my ice making machine and waited until I had enough "cubes" (they actually look like little bullets with a hole inside so they get things cold quickly!) to make my iced coffee using espresso from my new DeLonghi Espresso maker. SO GOOD!! I love it! I'll probably have a straight up espresso later on.

On Friday, I had my two hired guys come and take out all the junk, recycling and my stuff to go to the thrift store. They also took apart my dead double bed frame and put together the new one. They had trouble with that though. UGH! I bought it off marketplace and it was bent a bit. They got some tools and straightened it out and got the box spring and mattress put on. They even vacuumed under the bed so I know there are not dust bunnies under there! I was so glad that they were kind enough to deliver my stuff to the local thrift store instead of Value Village. When I explained that I didn't want it to go there because their CEO makes millions of dollars and year, they hardly give any money to Diabetes (their big schtick for donations) and they do nothing locally, he agreed and said he always gave to Super Thrist or Mennonite Central Committee Thrift Stores. I was so pleased as my donation would fit those stores better anyway.

I believe I told you on Friday morning that he thought they could do the job for $25 less than estimate. Well, after them each making so many trips outside with all that stuff? YIKES! It had just sprinkled a few times in the morning and once it hit the hot pavement around town the humidity was ghastly. Both guys were soaked to the skin from being out in the heat and humidity and what not. I decided to just give them the amount I had budgeted for them and told them to go out and get some cold drinks to cool down. They were soaked and red! They did SUCH a good job I don't feel badly at all about the price and I had budgeted for it. My friends all say I got a very fair price. I thanked them on the local People of Brandon Facebook page and I think they've gotten a few more jobs from that!

Today, I have to vacuum of MY bedroom and then make-up my double bed with sheets and blankets, get my clock radio moved over (so I can listen to my CBC radio at bedtime and all night) and get it all set-up so I can go back to sleep in my double bed instead of a twin bed. That's the one I keep falling out of!! LOL

I didn't get to the soup kitchen on Friday to get bread and what not. I am going for lunch today. Jay can't come as she was exposed to COVID-19 and is isolating at home. I am so looking forward to a nice lunch! This weekend I used the last of my flour to make baking powder biscuits. Always good but I do now need to budget in a 10 kg bag of flour in next month's grocery list.

I'm off to take a shower soon and then get the day started. I figure if I get my bedroom and the baseboards and what not vacuumed up and wiped down, I'll be doing good for today.

That's the skinny around here!

MJ

Oh! We are going to be 32C today and heat index of 38C!!! A/C all afternoon when I am home in the Living room. If I am in my bedroom the A/C doesn't get in there very well so I won't need it then.