Daily Check-in September 28, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in September 28, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:02 pm Good morning

I thought I had posted already.

Slept very comfy last night. The temps were in the 50s and I had the window open. All snuggled under a warm fluffy blanket. Pets snoozed all night.

Didn't want to get out of bed but we had planned our usual Wednesday breakfast. I had a biscuit sandwich. I like to try different things. And i love biscuits.

Now i'm home and thinking what will i do today? Maybe a load of laundry and start sorting clothes again?

Hope all have a great day. Stay safe Florida!
I always think that your weather is similar to ours, but we won’t see lows in the 50s for at least a month. It sounds nice!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I could probably get DH to put air in the tire: he has one of those neat little compressors, but he's had a bad cold and feels dreadful. DS could probably do it and he'll be home. I think I'll do that instead of going to the tire shop, as a cold day is enough to make a tire go a little slack on my car.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Trees, I hope that your friends in Port Charlotte don’t have damage to their home. The hurricane just made landfall at one of the nearby islands.

I went to hang out a bit in the lobby to get out of my room and see the weather outside through the big windows. Lots of rain and the wind comes and goes.

This hotel is only a 2* but it is very nice. The lobby is light and bright and has lots of comfortable seating and a big screen TV and there are tables with outlets for people to use their computers. At one of the breakfast tables there was a group of ladies playing cards. They have free coffee and decaf for those who want it. It is not in a “tourist” area but the price is much more reasonable than the hotels on or near the beach.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

Had my car appointment, the light was because of having had a loose gas cap. I had checked all of the possibilities when it first came on and had discovered the loose cap. The manual said 3 drives of 20 minutes each should have made it go off, but I have nowhere to go for 20 minutes unless I drive around aimlessly wasting gas and being nervous over the light. Hence the checkup appointment. LOL I knew I would just feel safer having it checked and scanned. I feel better.

I have all of the house chores done and when I came home, I ended up taking a much-needed nap. I had a cup of tea and the last half of a piece of carrot cake as an afternoon treat. Next time I make the smaller carrot cake I will cut the amount of cream cheese frosting in half. It is really good but just too much.

Tomorrow I will make bread and maybe some sort of soup or casserole. leaning towards a beef and rice casserole that DD's used to loved. IF I make it, I will make a small amount because it is very filling, lots of cheese.
If It is warmer tomorrow I will start putting yard decor away, Saturday I want to close up the camper :( and winterize it. We will still use the outside area for the firepit but it's time to wash and store the bedding and get the dishware into its winter coverings. Plus install all of the mouse cookies and spray again for any bugs. It doesn't take very long to do all of it. I also need to clean and straighten the brick patio. Time to put the big umbrella away and clean the tiki bar area. Sure signs the seasons are changing.

JCKitty
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:30 pm Trees, I hope that your friends in Port Charlotte don’t have damage to their home. The hurricane just made landfall at one of the nearby islands.

I went to hang out a bit in the lobby to get out of my room and see the weather outside through the big windows. Lots of rain and the wind comes and goes.

This hotel is only a 2* but it is very nice. The lobby is light and bright and has lots of comfortable seating and a big screen TV and there are tables with outlets for people to use their computers. At one of the breakfast tables there was a group of ladies playing cards. They have free coffee and decaf for those who want it. It is not in a “tourist” area but the price is much more reasonable than the hotels on or near the beach.
Florida,

I remember when you were going through trying to decide where to buy insurance. This article was very interesting as to why Florida has the highest insurance rates in the USA and also contains some kinda bad news as well. I found it very educational for someone who had no clue how bad it was in Florida.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hurricane-ian-reignites-panic-floridas-strapped-insurance-market-rcna49687?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR2A_mDenPh94uvfVUb5rfDa4ax62PqkhnmiRVcEarANIK3q4_MfR-Ao4XU

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

https://www.facebook.com/reedtimmer2.0

i follow this guy for extreme weather incidents. He is crazy! Reed Timmer Extreme Meteorologist.