Daily Check In January 29, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In January 29, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:45 pm I don't know how this is going to turn out in the second half but the Bengals just tied the game up. I think they are making too many unforced penalties and losing ground that way. Mahomes has just had his ankle hurt and was limping off the field. He may power through it.

I was sad to see Brock Purdy out of the game with the Eagles on their first drive of the game. Someone hit his elbow and that was it for him for a while. They worked on him on the bench. The FOURTH string QB went in to cover because Purdy was out. Well, then he got smacked really good and was out with a concussion. They put Brock Purdy back in but he wasn't really able to pass and they lost because they could only run a rushing game. I think if Purdy hadn't have been injured it might have been a much better game to watch.

We will see who will be in the Super Bowl with the Eagles. The Bengals or the Chiefs?? I'm hoping for the Bengals!

MJ
Yes poor young guy - barely 24 years old and doing so well. Hope he recovers.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

It has been a calm day, it actually got sunny for awhile and the temps were up enough that a lot of melting of ice happened. I have a feeling what is left is going to be there for awhile as temps are supposed to stay low for several days. :?

I visited the family for a bit early afternoon. DD1 is feeling some better but not 100%. Tomorrow I have to take my car in at 4:30 for looking at on Tuesday AM, I made arrangements for DD2 to pick me up on her way home from work. I hope it is a cheap fix. Like Sheila said everything is so expensive now.
I am thawing some beef roast, will make roast, potatoes and carrots, sharing with the family.

I need to portion and freeze some cake, once again made too much. In a week or 2 it will sound good again.
I will do floors tomorrow and just hang out.
I wish I liked football more, but I just can't get into it.
JCKitty
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Whatever happens on this game will be. But I feel so sorry for the forty niners. Having to use a running back as a quarter back cause theyre all injured.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Quilter51 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:53 pm Whatever happens on this game will be. But I feel so sorry for the forty niners. Having to use a running back as a quarter back cause theyre all injured.
Yes. That was sad for the 49ers.

The Chiefs just won. So it will be the Chiefs and Eagles in the Super Bowl on February 12th.

I am so disappointed. Joe Burrow was a good QB for the Bengals and they had SO MANY yards lost to unforced penalties and what would have happened if the last time the guy didn't give the Chiefs 15 free yards so they got the field goal? I was hoping at least for a tie and overtime. That would have been a great ending for either team for the year but. . .such is football.

I wonder if the coach goes in and tells the Bengals, "YOU GAVE THEM THE WIN!!" and gives them grief or congratulates them on a good season?

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

ugh - it was a good game - down to the wire, but I was rooting for the Bengals.

Now it is Eagles all the way!
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Youre a cowboy fan and you're rooting for the stupid eagles?