Daily Check-In April 1, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-In April 1, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Quiet day around here, never much happens around here lately. Though today I got a text from one of Hubby's brothers saying their youngest son is getting married....Of course he is getting married when we are in Riding Mountain. Since the wedding will be in a province two away from us, we won't be attending. What bugs me about the whole thing is that others have known about the wedding since January. If we had known we could have booked our holiday cabin for a week or so later. I have a feeling the rest of the family will be talking about us at the wedding... I am not changing things.

I talked to my brother and managed to get off the phone before an hour of repeated good-byes took place, because I had another call coming in.

Almost finished the first pair of green mitts. I should get those done and the second pair started tonight. I am getting a bit faster at doing them.

Haven't heard from CG as of yet, but when and if I do I will post. If they were hit hard in that area, communications are more than likely down.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

As usual, the day after I get home from my furry friends, I am whooped. I like being at home. I haven't done much all day so not much to report!

I did get up quite early despite having gone to bed late. I waited until they got home and let me know my Lily Gurl was okay before going to bed. Because I was up early, I did take a short snooze around lunch time.

I got the old dishwasher loaded and ran it. I'll have to unload it after supper. I'm thinking of having eggs and hash browns for supper. Nothing fancy.

I've gotten half of the bathroom cleaned. I just need to scrub the sink and wash the mirror. I'll keep plugging along in the kitchen for however long it takes me. That's just how it is over here.

I have just put on my bathrobe so I can hop in the shower and then make supper.

It was a "warm" day today with it only being -2C!! It really warmed up over here!

Well, that's the skinny over here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:41 pm Oldest son went to Iceland awhile back and loved every minute of the trip. I now have a friend visiting there and she is just enthralled with the country.
:D