Anyone Use Level Pay for Utilities?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Anyone Use Level Pay for Utilities?

Post by Quilter51 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:26 pm

We do not. For whatever reason, I prefer to pay the real amount. Maybe because it makes me more aware???

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:40 pm

Quilter51 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:26 pm
We do not. For whatever reason, I prefer to pay the real amount. Maybe because it makes me more aware???
I don't use budget billing either. It's available for all my utilities, but I too prefer to pay it monthly. I know that it's not a popular idea to have it automatically deducted from your checking account on the board, but personally I love it. I never have to forget that I've paid a utility bill and they notify me when it's going to be removed from my checking account. The minute they send me the e-bill I enter it into my checkbook on the date it's to be deducted. I've been doing it for at least 25 years and I've never had a problem with them deducting to much or double-dipping. Not going to say it want happen, but with my traveling it's a couple of bills that I never have to worry about paying. It gets very expensive if you forget to pay a utility and they cut your power, water or gas off. If there is ever an error on their part I will deal with it with a phone call.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:37 am

We do the same thing Littlemiss. We do automatic deduction. It is not travel, but uneven postal delivery here in this area. We pay using a credit card as I recall. We use credit cards whenever we can for utilities. It gives us a bit more safety. We pay the credit card off every month and get points at the same time.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:41 am

Dgflorida wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:37 am
We do the same thing Littlemiss. We do automatic deduction. It is not travel, but uneven postal delivery here in this area. We pay using a credit card as I recall. We use credit cards whenever we can for utilities. It gives us a bit more safety. We pay the credit card off every month and get points at the same time.
Better watch the credit card convenience fee. In most cases for utilities it will exceed the points you earn unless your bill is very high.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:44 am

Quilter51 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:26 pm
Add me to the list of those who do not use level billing. I have never felt the need here in Florida. Winter bills are very low because we have such warm winters. Bigger bills are summer a/c but living alone my bill is very rarely over $100.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:52 am

In my area it is known as the budget plan, I use it. This year my bills have been $89 for my one bedroom apartment.

I know I am going to have a very low to no bill on the month that they balance up. I have very high summer and winter bills. My fall and spring bills are usually much lower.

In my area you can only start in spring or fall. You have to have had service for one year. They average your last years bills and then set your amount adjusting for rate increases.

I am very happy with it. I can see on my statement just how much ahead or behind I am on the credit. One year several years ago mid year they upped my payment by $5 as we were having a very hot summer.

Penny