Daily Check In April 7th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jgomez1002

Re: Daily Check In April 7th

Post by jgomez1002 »

Hello everyone! I'm popping in while I take a lunch break from work. Remote learning is a lot of retooling for teachers. it is not what I usually do. It seems to take me a lot longer to plan and differentiate for each of my students. I don't have all I need in my toolbox. I'm creating tools as I go.

DH made lunch! Yeah! I loved it. He found two chicken patties and sweet potato fries in the freezer. He made great sandwiches with lettuce, tomato and mayo. It tasted so good to have lunch and I didn't get up and make it. Self isolation means an awful lot of cooking at home, especially with both of us working from home. I'm not used to this.

It's nice and sunny here in Maine today. I think all of my snow has melted. It has been warm for this time of year, often 50 degrees. I plan on cleaning out one of my veggie garden spaces later. Or, at least starting the work. We're also going to take the dog for a walk. We'll walk to the nursing home where my DMIL lives. We cut some !@#$% willow branches and I made her a bouquet. Something different. Spring. I wish we could go in and see her, but it's best that we can't. The facility will let us make a delivery.

it will be a no spend day here. We've had quite a few of those lately. We are well stocked with groceries. I think dinner will be pork and veggie fried rice with homemade fresh summer rolls and peanut dipping sauce. I need to dust the living room. We spend most evening there and it is getting to look well used.

Logics, I loved the coloring page. You can really color nicely.

Regards,
jgomez
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

bigcheryl, jckitty, florida, Mackeral, Rinty and jgomez

Thank you for your kind words. I was enthused about the hobby when it first began but was still working and looking after my mother. It does take time to do, that's for sure. This one was a trial just to see if I could do the hairtones and show the strands in the fox's fur. It did come out better than expected. It was also an attempt to work on coloring skin as there is very definitely a skill involved with that. This is the closest I've come with the several images I've tried it on.

Thanks again.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

update:

Yesterday when I ordered groceries, Walmart had a package of NewYork Strip Steaks for $10.97. I split them into halves, giving me 4 nice sized steaks. I need to eat more meat for protein in my diet so I cooked one for lunch/dinner today. I put a little ground black pepper and just a sprinkle of McCormicks Seasoning on it and it was so tender and delicious. I had always thought that Prime Rib was the best, it's good, but not as good as this one was that I had today.

Another thing that I've never tried before is Bob Evan's mashed potatoes. They didn't have any potatoes a couple of weeks ago and the only thing I could find were Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes. They were divine. It's $3.27 for a package, but you could get 4 servings out of it. I looked up the recipe on the internet of how to make them so will make and see how close the recipe comes to the prepackaged item. Packaged Tuna now Mashed Potatoes. Two of my favorite things, who knew it would take me years to discover these. I think their secret is evaporated milk in the potatoes for everything else I put in mine. Just used regular milk instead of evaporated. Seems like my Mother use to put evaporated in hers.

All my tasks are done and all the wood has burned that I had in the garage, woodpile is damp so think I will take me a short drive. Carry on good people.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Hi everyone- thought I’d pop in for a bit.

Logics - an absolutely beautiful colouring page. Maybe that’s a craft I should try.

I’ve managed to keep really busy today. I used the exercise bike this morning and put in half an hour’s peddling while reading a book. So glad we didn’t declutter it after years of letting it literally sit stationery. Dh uses it even more than I do now. It seemed when the girls were young we spent a lot of time and energy keeping up with them.

I shredded some old documents and sorted out all my expired coupons. General decluttering and then returned emails. Didn’t watch the news at all this morning. Also vacuumed two levels. The basement can be done another day.

Lunch was hummus wraps - added red peppers, mini cukes, tomato slices and sandwich pickles. Dh added green onion to his as well. I showed restraint and stuck to fruit for dessert- a divinely sweet fresh pineapple and a rather wrinkled nectarine that needed eating.

Freezing rain all day but it seemed to let up a bit after lunch. Decided to go for my sanity walk - but wore splash pants, rubber boots, hat, light weight winter coat and gloves. Should have worn mittens as my hands were frozen when I came back. I was the only nutcase out there. I checked the mail but don’t think it was delivered yet.

Dh is going to cook the sirloin roast I bought with our delivery order yesterday. I am having the very last of my power bowl, made oven roasted potatoes and we’ll have mashed rutabaga as a vegetable.

Tried all day to book my Walmart pick up slot but no luck. Their computer system clearly isn’t equipped to deal with this volume. Will try again tomorrow. Has been happening to other people I know too.

Creative
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

LogicsHere wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:17 am I've talked about my coloring so thought I would try to post a sample. The artist's name is predominately featured, but the coloring is mine.

smaller.gif
Oh my goodness! That's awesome...great work!
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

The rest of the front acre has been picked clean of sticks!!!The grand and I did some and then we just walked the woods and picked wildflowers. DD2 , grand and I finished it later this afternoon.

Everyone on our family text thread is talking about what they want to do when this is over ....some wild answers LOL Mexican food and margaritas seems to top the list for eating out.

I sat in the sun in my lawn lounger to get some sun on the arms and blindingly white legs....I hope no planes were going over they would be blinded by the whiteness ;)

I cut all of the saplings from the creek bank, I would love to get it a little cleaner, but that is not a job to do while the grand is here...

Chance of storms tonight, hope no more limbs and sticks come down, I am tired of picking them up

The family members that work in the greenhouse /nursery say that plants garden and flower are selling like crazy...everyone stuck at home are planting and fixing up the yards. Lots of gardens going in.

We have had a lot of farmers out the last couple days, they provide about all of the traffic and noise outside.
Family member that works at a pork processing plant says all of their product is going directly into frozen /cold storage as it is contracted/destined for China and nothing is shipping. I have to wonder what will happen to it.

JCKitty