update on DH

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: update on DH

Post by gaylejackson2 »

icfrugal1 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:45 pm
"The times they is achanging" I hope that that is the correct quote.

So DH had a video visit with his surgeon !! DH did have to show him his stump, the surgeon thinks that all looks great !!! and he will have an appt in a couple of months. ❤

Think of all of the time that was saved by both the DR and us !!!

all of the wear and tear on our car ect !!!

wow !!

This week the PT was here twice and OT will be here on Monday, things are moving along.

IC
I have had 4 “Dr visits“ this month, 1 phone call, and 3 were virtual visits: Zoom meetings. I can certainly agree about the travel time & auto wear and tear too.

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

so things are not very well right now.

to put the prostic on first goes a nylon, then a jell sleeve, then a stocking , the trouble is that his "insigen" (wound) needs air still, it's not fully healed,

The surgeon DID approve the prostic but.

Now on his right foot, (perhaps because of new walking) has blisters, NOT GOOD !!!

So he has seen the foot DR, and we have nurses coming in again.

DH is fighting everything that he is suppose to do, and LYING to the Dr's nurses. YES, when I can I tell them that he's not telling the truth. BECAUSE I CARE !!!

So DH is getting an RX for diabetic shoes, he is seeing a foot dr . IF had had been seeing a foot Dr I don't think that he would have had the gangrene in his foot and he would have the foot. He was offered all of these services, but he refused, as things were getting worse with unhealing wounds, he cancelled appts :-(

He MUST NOT walk, (or as little as possible to the bathroom ONLY) he is back in the wheelchair and no walker.

He MUST have his legs up for most of the day 20/24 hours a day at least. He just WON'T, he got up at 7am this morning and just now at 11:30am I got him to put his legs up :(

He doesn't want to die, but he won't help himself.

Thank you again.

IC

PS AAAUUUGGGGG !!!!!!
Last edited by icfrugal1 on Sat May 23, 2020 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

What a hard headed man!!!

Do what you can.

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

IC, you can only do what you can do and if he doesn't want to do these things he want. What is that old saying "you can lead a horse to the water, but you cant make him drink". That is the situation you are in. My heart and prayers are with you, because I can't imagine how frustrating it has to be for you, trying to help him and he want help himself.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:24 pm
IC, you can only do what you can do and if he doesn't want to do these things he want. What is that old saying "you can lead a horse to the water, but you cant make him drink". That is the situation you are in. My heart and prayers are with you, because I can't imagine how frustrating it has to be for you, trying to help him and he want help himself.
IC I agree with Little Miss. So sad when someone is restive to doing the right thing. My husband was an amputee and refused to follow Drs orders so I know somewhat of what you are going through. Take care of yourself and do the best that you can for him but do not drive yourself over the edge trying to make him to be a responsible person. ((hug)).
Janet Alliesmama

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

alliesmama4 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:37 pm
IC I agree with Little Miss. So sad when someone is restive to doing the right thing. My husband was an amputee and refused to follow Drs orders so I know somewhat of what you are going through. Take care of yourself and do the best that you can for him but do not drive yourself over the edge trying to make him to be a responsible person. ((hug)).
Janet, I'm so sorry to hear about your DH. It's not easy

IC