Warning: Political

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Warning: Political

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:05 pm Is that the case? I didn’t know that. It is all very unclear to me.

Why didn’t his Canadian birth stop Ted Cruz from running for President?
His mom was a US citizen.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

wow - it should not make a difference

The current president's mom was born in Scotland. :shock:

How come no one made a big deal about that?
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

or is it because he was born in the USA

I'm all confused. :mrgreen:
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:05 pm Is that the case? I didn’t know that. It is all very unclear to me.

Why didn’t his Canadian birth stop Ted Cruz from running for President?
Honestly - maybe it all has to do with the color of their skin?
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

My money is on Kamala Harris.

All of the women are very qualified. But I think the final decision will come down to superficial reasons. Sexist, and racist/prejudicial reasons. This is to appeal to stupid people. Duckworth won't get it, because it will stir up birther nonsense. Rice won't get it because she is from the Obama administration, and many swing voters still hate Obama. Warren is white.

Of the remaining women, it will come down to "who is the most attractive?" "Who looks and acts most presidential?" "Who is the most "well-spoken"?" "Who is BOLD, and IN-CHARGE?"

And, "Who doesn't look TOO Black?"

That's Harris.

She also has the great benefit of having already run for president.............so everyone knows her. We've all seen her on stage at the debates, or at least have seen videos of it, and heard/read discussions of it.

We're not going to have the many debates we usually have, no rallies and events to get Biden and "X" the screen time they need.

Everyone has already had a lot of time to "consider Kamala Harris", and that is absolutely priceless.

The other potential picks are nearly unknown to voters (aside from Warren, who will not be picked).
ohjodi
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Tried to link an article about Susan Rice but could not find it.

I look at the VP pick as to how they would perform as President.

but then you can never tell. We have had several that have had to step into the slot and have done well.

Maybe Kamala Harris will be one of them.