Daily Check-in November 22, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in November 22, 2020

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's going to be a rather chilly day today with temperatures in the mid-40s and rain later this afternoon into the evening.

Today is going to be mostly a television day. I just finished checking the holiday programming and there are a total of 6 Christmas movies I want to see today.

Tonight's meal is leftover spaghetti and a vegetable side.

Today's honor goes to "Go for a Ride Day". During these times of social distancing and limited activity opportunities, for some going for a ride is perfect as a means of getting out of the house. And with the holidays approaching and the stress it brings a ride can be relaxing.

Of course with social distancing in place, public transportation modes pose a bit of a risk right now, but here are a few suggestions:

Take a sleigh ride.
Ride a horse.
Ride a horse-drawn carriage.
Snowmobile rides are always "cool".
A bicycle is a great, way to ride and exercise.
A boat ride, if your are a warmer climate.

Whatever your means of transportation, have a happy Go For a Ride Day.

Have a great Sunday.

alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in November 22, 2020

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. Just stopping by to say Hi to keep in the loop.

Have a good day.
Janet Alliesmama

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I seem to have developed a bit of a chill, probably from the weather still being chilly and me figuring it is almost summer again running out to get stuff out of the mail box without a coat. Must remember to put on my coat, and do the dang thing up.

Last night I put the Covid-19 app on my phone. It is kind of a track and trace device that the Canadian government produced. Anyhow, oldest coming down with Covid made me rethink my attitude and I added this as another level of defence. Hopefully more people start to use it.

I also had bad dreams last night of everyone running around my city not wearing masks, not social distancing, and hugging each other madly. I asked if the pandemic was over and they said no, just working on herd immunity.... Crazy.

Frugal past times here will be going for a short walk after I have some coffee (will be awhile as I just took that stupid bone building pill), finish decorating the tree, making all our meals here at home, working another day on the hand quilting (this will be set aside today and a new number chosen), working on the baking list for Christmas, and of course worrying about our boys (who are actually grown men, but will still be our boys). You know just the normal, everyday things that happen on the old homestead.

I am also thinking it would be fun to make a list of new recipes to try next month. I made Butter Chicken this week and Hubby loved it. Time to expand my horizons and perhaps try a bit more international cooking. It is also time I used my instant pot and air fryer a bit more as well, so I will be finding ideas and recipes for those as well.

The biggest frugal of the day is going to be no spending. I am slowly but surely heading towards my goal.

Supper this evening is supposed to be roast ham, but I think instead that I will use up another package of frozen ham in the fridge freezer. I am trying to clear the area out so that I know exactly what is in there. I need to do a bit of a search and rescue mission in there so I can extend the time between shopping trips (Covid numbers keep going up here as well).

Today I am grateful for all the lovely appliances that help me cook.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Jackie, sorry to hear that your DS has Covid and I hope he has a mild case.

ChristmasTrees, I’m glad that you tested negative.

Maggie, glad that your DS1 has now tested negative.

Hope I’m not missing anyone else with Covid concerns. It’s everywhere.

This morning I plan to go to mom’s house and cut the grass. I’ll return the Christmas Tree bins to the garage. I put up and tree and put the lights on it yesterday. Probably I’ll decorate it tomorrow but maybe today.

I ordered myself a Christmas gift yesterday, a new suitcase. (I’m looking ahead to travel at some point!) It was $149.99 and I applied for the Amazon Visa which right now is giving a $100 bonus. I had some other Amazon credits so including tax paid only $12.70. It is supposed to arrive this week.

For anyone who uses Walmart pickup and Ibotta, there is now a way to link a Walmart account to the Ibotta app and get credit. There is also a way to link Instacart with Ibotta.

I’m almost finished watching Homeland so will move onto whatever Christmas movies I can find. I’ll let you all know if there are any good ones on Amazon Prime. I don’t have Hallmark or Lifetime, the top Christmas movie channels.

Stay safe.

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Morning All. Jackie, sorry to hear your son is ill with COVID. I also have a COVID app on my phone - drat.

My first sip of coffee this morning was absolutely magical - yummmm! Was up at 4:40 to let Hope out. Brought her in and managed a little more sleep until 6:00-ish. Dogs have both been out, outdoor cats have been fed, dogs fed, clean dishes put away - and I have had toast and banana bread (yes, both) with plenty of steaming hot coffee for breakfast.

I don't know what the day holds - long walks for both dogs to be sure. I have some chores I can do both outside and in. We need to bring in some cement blocks (HEAVY!) for a counter my daughter is building in her rooms - using an old solid wood counter top that was here when I moved in - she is very creative and good at making something new out of parts of old. She has created a little "kitchen" and just needs the counter to be done. She has an electric kettle, toaster oven, little refrigerator, etc.

Off to check on some surveys - take care friends and stay safe.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:14 am
Hello friends.

Jackie, sorry to hear that your DS has Covid and I hope he has a mild case.

ChristmasTrees, I’m glad that you tested negative.

Maggie, glad that your DS1 has now tested negative.

Hope I’m not missing anyone else with Covid concerns. It’s everywhere.

This morning I plan to go to mom’s house and cut the grass. I’ll return the Christmas Tree bins to the garage. I put up and tree and put the lights on it yesterday. Probably I’ll decorate it tomorrow but maybe today.

I ordered myself a Christmas gift yesterday, a new suitcase. (I’m looking ahead to travel at some point!) It was $149.99 and I applied for the Amazon Visa which right now is giving a $100 bonus. I had some other Amazon credits so including tax paid only $12.70. It is supposed to arrive this week.

For anyone who uses Walmart pickup and Ibotta, there is now a way to link a Walmart account to the Ibotta app and get credit. There is also a way to link Instacart with Ibotta.

I’m almost finished watching Homeland so will move onto whatever Christmas movies I can find. I’ll let you all know if there are any good ones on Amazon Prime. I don’t have Hallmark or Lifetime, the top Christmas movie channels.

Stay safe.
Florida Cat great frugal savings on your new suitcase. Hope you can travel sometime next year.
Janet Alliesmama