Daily Check In May 2, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check In May 2, 2021

Post by Mrscreative »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:42 pm I would so love to see the salmon jumping up the ladder!
It’s quite a wonderful sight for sure. Of course, nothing like British Columbia or Alaska. The university has introduced lake salmon to Lake Superior and they go upstream to spawn, just like the ocean salmon.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:43 am You FINALLY opened your new cookware....LOL!!!!!
Yes Indeed Trees, and I even used it - both frying pans, all 3 sauce pans and the dutch oven. LOVE it. It has the copper non-stick bottom - everything slides right out and the pans look clean when you're done cooking.

I haven't parted with my old set yet, although DD says the teflon coating is too wrecked to be good anymore and I shouldn't use them. Soon they'll be headed to the scrap yard.

Next up - replace my slow cooker and toaster!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Mrscreative wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:33 pm It’s quite a wonderful sight for sure. Of course, nothing like British Columbia or Alaska. The university has introduced lake salmon to Lake Superior and they go upstream to spawn, just like the ocean salmon.
I have been to British Columbia...but never to Alaska. What an amazing sight.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:13 pm Yes Indeed Trees, and I even used it - both frying pans, all 3 sauce pans and the dutch oven. LOVE it. It has the copper non-stick bottom - everything slides right out and the pans look clean when you're done cooking.

I haven't parted with my old set yet, although DD says the teflon coating is too wrecked to be good anymore and I shouldn't use them. Soon they'll be headed to the scrap yard.

Next up - replace my slow cooker and toaster!
Proud of you!!!! DO part with the old set. Enjoy using it