Daily Check In May 2, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In May 2, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off as my coffee is ready. Back in a moment or three.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In May 2, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am up fairly early and boy does the sky look dark in the west. I wonder if we are going to get some rain? We surely need it and need it badly. Hubby says he will be working up the veggie garden very soon, and I think that today I will place the boxes and baskets for flowers where I want them situated. I think I might be surprising Hubby a bit with my placement this year. We still have to move out the bistro table and chairs as well. I am thinking of a new place for them as well.

Hubby uncovered his smoker yesterday and really wants to use it so I had to change my menu around a bit so he could do so. Nothing fancy and he needs to get used to it once again. As is usual I will prepare all veggies for him to cook on the BBQ, get the meat out, set the table, salad is already made (still eating leftovers) and clean up...That BBQ meme on Facebook is soooo true.

We are very sad that our neighbour is putting her home up for sale and planning to move into a condo here in the city. She is pretty much the last of the original people on the street when we moved in. "I" is a widow and things are just getting tougher for her with the yard and house, especially in the winter time. I know there will come a time when we need to leave our home as well. That will be bittersweet.

Today should be a no spend day, though I may just take a trip to see if the stores are getting their plants in. When I go shopping on Monday I will probably pick up a few large planters and some bulbs. Since our forecast for later in the week says rain/snow showers I don't think buying plants is a very good idea right now. Maybe in a week or so.

It is drizzling out right now so my frugal morning walk is on hold until it ends (clearing skies says that will be soon).

Other frugal happenings will be the usual, nothing new sticks in my mind and many of the things I read that are supposed to be frugal aren't really.

Supper today is going to be pork chops with tinfoil potatoes and carrots. The last of the salad will be served as well.

Today I am grateful for whatever rain we get.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Morning Jackie and other Frugal Friends. Jackie, I hope you get the rain that you need.

I was up in the 6:00 hour as the dogs had to go out. They went back to bed, of course. I feel good about all I accomplished yesterday around the house. Today will be more relaxing - some cooking will happen and DD wants to go grocery shopping - which I need to do anyway, I am low to none of fresh produce and a few other basics.

It is warm outside this morning - but the house is quite cold. I will appreciate this cold house come the dog days of summer.

Tomorrow morning, feral kitten (1 year old) goes to the vet to be spayed. They said she could stay an extra day at no charge - because she is feral and I don't have a safe and secure place to bring her back to.

I put together a nice birthday gift for my mom (5th) at Dollar Tree yesterday. A metal pail that says "flowers and garden" on it - filled that with a little plastic hummingbird feeder, 2 packs of the nectar mix, two packets of flower seeds, two bookmarks, some silk flowers and some candy. I needed plastic to wrap it in - didn't have any - so I opened my new cookware set that has been sitting untouched, betting there would be some in it - YEP! The gift looks very nice. :-)

I am off to putter. I have a lilac candle burning and am enjoying my slow morning. Wishing everyone a happy day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Up early, turns out the window in my bedroom is a good alarm clock for me LOL....I have to have a dark room to sleep and ...well it is an east/southeast facing window.

I slept well, was tired and sore so ...
outside chores are done, dishwasher loaded but not run...after lunch...
Because it is so sunny and warm...I hope to maybe plant the pots....

I actually have on spring/summer clothes...no leggings and jeans...just my cotton haram pants and tie dyed t-shirt. Throw back to my childhood. LOL
I hope to have a calm day, a restful, peaceful day and I hope for that for all of you.

JCKitty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:36 am Good Morning Jackie and other Frugal Friends. Jackie, I hope you get the rain that you need.

I was up in the 6:00 hour as the dogs had to go out. They went back to bed, of course. I feel good about all I accomplished yesterday around the house. Today will be more relaxing - some cooking will happen and DD wants to go grocery shopping - which I need to do anyway, I am low to none of fresh produce and a few other basics.

It is warm outside this morning - but the house is quite cold. I will appreciate this cold house come the dog days of summer.

Tomorrow morning, feral kitten (1 year old) goes to the vet to be spayed. They said she could stay an extra day at no charge - because she is feral and I don't have a safe and secure place to bring her back to.

I put together a nice birthday gift for my mom (5th) at Dollar Tree yesterday. A metal pail that says "flowers and garden" on it - filled that with a little plastic hummingbird feeder, 2 packs of the nectar mix, two packets of flower seeds, two bookmarks, some silk flowers and some candy. I needed plastic to wrap it in - didn't have any - so I opened my new cookware set that has been sitting untouched, betting there would be some in it - YEP! The gift looks very nice. :-)

I am off to putter. I have a lilac candle burning and am enjoying my slow morning. Wishing everyone a happy day.
Sheila great gift for your Mom. I know she likes to watch the birds. Also the flowers and candy add a nice personal touch. Great save on using the plastic wrap from your pans to wrap her presents. Enjoy your Sunday.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We have another lovely sunny Spring day this morning but we are expecting rain and storms later on today and off and on for the coming week. I am playing beat the clock by washing my sheets and getting them on the clotheslines to dry as much as possible before the rain starts. I had planned on dong them yesterday but was too tired. At least I got the garage swept out again. That was at least the 4th time since March.

Today I will be doing some cooking and maybe a little sorting of the craft items from the spare bedroom.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama