Daily Check In May 3, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In May 3, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off. Getting coffee, back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In May 3, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The sun is shining, but it is barely above the freezing mark. I am so glad that I did not buy plants as of yet...Perhaps this week when the weather settles a little bit.

Today is going to be a bit of a spendy day. Hubby needs to take his truck in to be repaired, I am going shopping for groceries (stretched the time between shops as far as possible), and perhaps buying some nice large pots if I can see any I fall in love with shape and colour wise. So some serious spending just might be happening.

I got my 23andme results back yesterday and will be doing a bit more looking over of the results. I did not check email until late last night and so didn't get a really good look at everything. Spending some time going through those results should be a great deal of fun. I also remembered a couple of family names to add to the list.

Other than those exciting things it will be a day of chores (it is Monday after all) and the regular start of the week busyness.

Off to get started on my rushed day. I will check in later and let all know how the day progressed.

Supper tonight will be spaghetti and meat sauce. This will use up the last container of meat sauce that was in the freezer. The remains will be turned into Baked spaghetti in a couple of days.

Grateful today for sunny skies and the little bit of rain we got yesterday.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, when you do 23 and Me, are your results kept private? I am curious about it: we know nothing about my paternal grandfather's origins, but do not want to discover any surprise family members. I have enough trouble dealing with the known ones! :-D

I'm having a quiet morning at work. Did not sleep well and have a bit of a headache, which will probably pass off with enough coffee. :-) I need to leave at lunch and purchase the second half of the Secret Pal gift for my "pal."

It's supposed to be warm today and rainy. We had drizzles at home and the sky was very dark when I drove into the big city. Maybe that will wash the pollen out of the air.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

My primary focus today will be watering some of the plants in mom’s yard. We haven’t had rain in awhile and there is only a 40% chance one day later this week. (In my experience, when they say 40% chance of rain we get little or none.) It is very hot (high 80s) so I’ll wait to water until late this afternoon or early this evening. Early this morning would have been good but I didn’t get my act together.

Yikes! I just saw an ad for Tucker Carlson off to the side of the forum. No, no, no.

What will I do the rest of today? Who knows. Probably some decluttering and maybe a trip to get groceries and gas. (I managed to only spend $20 on gas last month. Still have a half tank.)

Have a good day.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. Just popping in to stay in the loop.

Nothing much going on here.

We are expecting severe storms early evening. I hope Teddi does not freak out.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I made a very quick trip to H-E-B, I was able to get what I needed/wanted. I got what I forgot plus some items you can’t get online.

I was in the store, and home with what I needed in about 40 minutes from the time I left the apartment until I got home.

I need to cut out the designs for the bibs. I will only get 2 more. Because of the way the fabric is laid out. I will try and figure out something else for the rest of the fabric.

I need to write a check and mail it to grandson for his Birthday. I have knit nothing. at all in several weeks.

Penny