Daily Check in May 4, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in May 4, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugal friends,

I am bracing myself for another day at the races. I did not do any sewing last night. One of the rows I have sewn is a few inches shorter than I planned. Not sure why. I will need to figure that out.

Nothing big happening, meals will be from home, the usual.

Have a great day,
Maggir
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in May 4, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning Maggie and all.

I slept well after putting Pippi outside the bedroom at 3 a.m. I had taken an “anxiety pill” before bed and when she started meowing at 3, I immediately put her outside my room. I think she settled down because I never heard her (or I fell back to sleep). I slept until 7. I have to look after my health. Pippi drove me crazy most of the day yesterday, eating half her food and then wanting something different. When I sit down with a full glass of cold water, she’s up on the end table and wants it even if I’ve just filled her water bowl. I’m doing everything I can for her but have to think of myself, also.

Yesterday I went to mom’s house about 6 p.m. and watered all the plants on one side and the back. It was a good time to do it. I picked up palm and other yard debris from next door.

Today Pippi has her appointment mid-afternoon. I plan to declutter and do laundry. One problem is that I have things like books spread throughout the house so I’m trying to consolidate them in the second bedroom. I decided that tomorrow morning I’ll drive across town to the other Better World Books drop box in this area. It is not a very congested area so should work out fine.

Have a good day.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Up at too early o'clock...really haven't had much sleep at all. We had terrible thunder and lightning storms overnight. I think they were right over my house. DD said she didn't sleep all night (dads house) either. My poor dog was pacing and fussing all night...DD said her pets were the same way.

No satellite TV... receiver hit by lightning...again...I have called it in and they will be here at some point today between 4 and 6.
IF I get bored, I can watch Netflix....the sky still has a sickly green cast to it...ugh. Air is very still and it is chilly. More storms predicted this week.

I guess this is the day for housework, I want to use up some leftovers and do an experiment. Going to make leftover macaroni salad into a casserole. adding cheese and ham/chicken, plus various other things. There are no pickles in the salad so it should work.
Off to drink buckets of coffee and contemplate my list.
Feel very unsettled but that is because of storms and no sleep.

JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Slight sinus headache again this morning so I will be taking Tylenol and going out for a bit of a walk. Getting those steps in is a necessary part of my health routine.

Hubby has made an appointment to get the winter tires off the vehicle tomorrow as well as an alignment done. So today at some point I will be making a phone call to get my shaggy mop cut and styled. I might go shorter for the summer, we shall see.

Today I need to put the rims that no longer fit on our vehicle (same make as the old one) on our garage sale sites. Hopefully these sell as I do not have much luck in getting rid of things on that type of media lately.

Picked up some big pots yesterday as well as some glad bulbs and some coconut basket inserts. I think that providing the weather is decent I will start to place my pots in the areas that I want. I will need to do this well before I start planting them up this year... More going to be used and I am looking forward to having a flower bedecked yard, even if it is only for a short time.

All of us retired youth coordinators are having another Facebook Room get together this afternoon. I am really enjoying seeing them all again. So many great memories.

I finished February on the temperature blanket and I am hoping to get a great deal of March done today and tomorrow. Some colours are going to be touch and go, but hopefully there will be enough to finish this last one. I am seriously considering doing one that covers rain, wind, snow, and dry except it would be pretty boring...perhaps something smaller like a scarf.

Frugal happenings here are the usual. Walking for exercise, baking bread, making all meals here at home, planning the plant shopping (we also need to get some more outdoor solar lighting) and just plain making the best of this staying at home and away from those that don't think this is real. I have found more of the plague rats near me and it is driving me crazy!!! I will be working on the temperature blanket, taking part in the talk with my friends and just doing the regular Tuesday household tasks. I live a rather boring and predictable life.

Still reading my "U" book (did finish the "V" one just before I found this one) and have my "W" book ready to go. Does anyone have suggestions for "X"? This has been an experience for sure, I think I have as much fun searching my shelves and my ereader for suitable reads as I do reading, or re-reading as the case may be those novels. I also made it a bit more of a challenge as in I need to already have the book or can get it online free (our library is still not open to people to enter). However the next few letters could be difficult.

Supper tonight is going to be Hamburgers, homemade fries, and probably some salad. Hubby loves a tossed salad.

Today I am grateful for enough. We have enough of everything and more than enough to live comfortable lives.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

(((FloridaCat)))

I know what you are going thru with Pippi, my elderly dog sometimes really puts me thru my paces. But I keep telling myself I have to be rested and healthy to take good care of him.
He is so clingy, since the pandemic and enforced stay at home he does not want me out of his sight. I hope to be able to take him to my camper once in a while this summer. But he doesn't like car rides, so I will just have to see how it goes.

You really are a good pet momma, hang in there.
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. I think a lot of us had an unsettled "critter night." Lily Dog wanted to sleep with us due to the weather, but I knew Goldie would be at the door in the wee small hours looking for her. I let Lily stay until midnight, when I desperately needed to fall asleep, and put her out of the bedroom with the command to go find her sister. They seemed to get through the night okay at that point.

I have had a large cup of coffee and am starting on a second one, though. :-D

We're supposed to have rain and thunderstorms all day, which makes me glad my little work office is in the basement tucked up under a hill. This morning I made an attempt to deal with the icy cold air conditioning in here by slipping a big square of white poster board into each ceiling vent. They aren't blocked, but they aren't blowing directly on us any more. The thermostat is remotely controlled, so there's no other way to cope with it.

Last night I ordered another pair of slacks off eBay, which I think gets me set for however long I work. For the longest time I've had only four pairs of slacks for work. They are holding up pretty well, although I have to re-dye the black ones because they fade, but I could never skip laundry. Now there's some breathing room.

Hope you all have a peaceful day and stay safe.
Mackie