Daily Check in May 4, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in May 4, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

Christmas Trees, I did the May Fourth thing with DS this morning. And tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo! We used to love to go to the Mexican restaurant on Cinco, but not this year. Our shots won't all be past the second week until May 11.
Mackie
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:37 am Christmas Trees, I did the May Fourth thing with DS this morning. And tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo! We used to love to go to the Mexican restaurant on Cinco, but not this year. Our shots won't all be past the second week until May 11.
We are getting takeout from our favorite Mexican restaurant tomorrow!
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

My almost 50 year old married father of five, nephew is wearing his "Starwars" costume to work today :roll: :lol:

I'm surprised that he didn't name his son Luke lol

So, walked the dogs, feed the dogs, tended to the pool (chemicals and skimmed) watered the tomatoes plants

changed DH's bandages and dressings on his leg and toes. He sees the surgeon every 3 weeks, I can't into the appointments with him Covid. I don't know what is going on, trying to save the toes. :| :cry: (this has been going on for months)

waiting for DH to get ready we need to go out for chores today.

IC
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:
My service tech has been and gone already!!!! It was the power pack cord to the receiver that was hit by lightning. I had everything on a power bar so that is good.

Scrambled eggs and toast for lunch, I was up way too early and was suddenly hungry.
I decided there was not enough macaroni salad to make into a casserole so instead I am mixing it with some tuna salad for tuna-mac salad.

sent the last of the spaghetti and sauce with DD, she loves it and I was tired of it.
Still waiting on 1 bill for the month, there is always one that comes late....

Going to watch some local news and then probably take a nap....pretty sure we are to have more storms tonight.
JCKitty
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

Jackielou wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:26 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

Slight sinus headache again this morning so I will be taking Tylenol and going out for a bit of a walk. Getting those steps in is a necessary part of my health routine.

Hubby has made an appointment to get the winter tires off the vehicle tomorrow as well as an alignment done. So today at some point I will be making a phone call to get my shaggy mop cut and styled. I might go shorter for the summer, we shall see.

Today I need to put the rims that no longer fit on our vehicle (same make as the old one) on our garage sale sites. Hopefully these sell as I do not have much luck in getting rid of things on that type of media lately.

Picked up some big pots yesterday as well as some glad bulbs and some coconut basket inserts. I think that providing the weather is decent I will start to place my pots in the areas that I want. I will need to do this well before I start planting them up this year... More going to be used and I am looking forward to having a flower bedecked yard, even if it is only for a short time.

All of us retired youth coordinators are having another Facebook Room get together this afternoon. I am really enjoying seeing them all again. So many great memories.

I finished February on the temperature blanket and I am hoping to get a great deal of March done today and tomorrow. Some colours are going to be touch and go, but hopefully there will be enough to finish this last one. I am seriously considering doing one that covers rain, wind, snow, and dry except it would be pretty boring...perhaps something smaller like a scarf.

Frugal happenings here are the usual. Walking for exercise, baking bread, making all meals here at home, planning the plant shopping (we also need to get some more outdoor solar lighting) and just plain making the best of this staying at home and away from those that don't think this is real. I have found more of the plague rats near me and it is driving me crazy!!! I will be working on the temperature blanket, taking part in the talk with my friends and just doing the regular Tuesday household tasks. I live a rather boring and predictable life.

Still reading my "U" book (did finish the "V" one just before I found this one) and have my "W" book ready to go. Does anyone have suggestions for "X"? This has been an experience for sure, I think I have as much fun searching my shelves and my ereader for suitable reads as I do reading, or re-reading as the case may be those novels. I also made it a bit more of a challenge as in I need to already have the book or can get it online free (our library is still not open to people to enter). However the next few letters could be difficult.

Supper tonight is going to be Hamburgers, homemade fries, and probably some salad. Hubby loves a tossed salad.

Today I am grateful for enough. We have enough of everything and more than enough to live comfortable lives.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
I'm not participating in the reading the alphabet challenge, but I have a book for you all.
Z is for Zachariah . The book really makes you think, it has several themes in it, is an easy read, and a good story.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Mrscreative wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:10 am Good morning beautiful people,

I woke up at my usual time and decided to swiffer the floors while everyone else was asleep. I had vacuumed yesterday so the floors were clean enough to wash. Kitty came down to say hello and sniff at the cleaner. It’s not the same as washing them on my hands and knees, but with my consistent cleaning routine, it got them more than clean enough. I opened up the patio door a crack just to air out the house. I still had to turn the heat on as it’s just above freezing. Later today I will tackle deep cleaning the ensuite bathroom. Clean Mama designates today for vacuuming, but I got a head start yesterday.

I did the census and it took no time at all. Perhaps the last time I had to complete the longer version. Anyway I will file away the confirmation code and won’t need to think about it for the next five years. Most of the questions were about our gender, ages and first language spoken. Nothing about our ethnicity at all this year or our religion. It literally took two minutes to complete.

Dh wants to walk to the fish ladder this morning so that will be on our agenda this morning - the beauty and freedom of being retired! I think I will get a loaf of bread going in the bread maker before I leave.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
I did the censes April 2020, I was surprised at how few questions there were, it won't be very useful for generations searching.

Every 5 years? I thought that it was every 10 years.

IC