Daily Check-in for May 6, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check-in for May 6, 2021

Post by icfrugal1 »

back from breakfast,
weed wacked the front. not great, but it's something.

Also cut down a bush, and a neighbor came over to ask if hw could have the cutting to plant. YES !!! Another neighbor had planted them in my yard 20 plus years ago, very cool.

DH put dishes away :D

My friends two younger dogs are at the em vet, they went into the outside garbage and ate some raisins, they are puppies, very scary the next 48 hours will tell how they will be.

IC
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Hi All~
Went to the dentist today..not great. I haven't been since covid. Four cavities. Three really small...but one under a crown. UGH. So disappointed. I had so much tooth damage from chemo years ago....a lot of vomiting...and very dry mouth. I ended up with so many gum line cavities...so weakened teeth.
So..a bunch of dental appts. coming up....but...I AM STILL HERE!!!!!!
Sorry for being a downer.....I know no one likes to go to the dentist.

On the way home..I stopped at a nursery and picked up a LOT of new plants. That cheered me up!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

icfrugal1 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:32 pm back from breakfast,
weed wacked the front. not great, but it's something.

Also cut down a bush, and a neighbor came over to ask if hw could have the cutting to plant. YES !!! Another neighbor had planted them in my yard 20 plus years ago, very cool.

DH put dishes away :D

My friends two younger dogs are at the em vet, they went into the outside garbage and ate some raisins, they are puppies, very scary the next 48 hours will tell how they will be.

IC
I so hope your friends puppies will be okay!
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

It has rained off and on all day :( so gloomy....

I ordered a dog grooming kit from Amazon on Monday, got it this afternoon and my dog is groomed! He is not happy with me but...he is groomed!
I am amazed at how well these clippers work and the scissors are fabulous.
Why did I not invest it this before??? I used old human hair clippers and regular scissors and it took me forever. I was done in less than an hour. Then I gave him a bath so he is REALLY unhappy now LOL

Other than that just house chores and reading, I did make another loaf of bread.
Really a boring day, I blame this weather.

DD wants me to help her groom her 2 dogs this weekend. With this new set up it should go alot faster and easier.

JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I had a good visit with my friend on the Starbucks patio. Then to mom’s house about 3:30. I got everything watered on the “other” side of the house and half the plants against the front of the house. Even with so little rain, the ligustrum hedges in front are growing a lot and I trimmed them and also picked up various yard debris. I was happy with what I got done.
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

Jackie, I know the waiting is what drives us crazy, but I will pray for you that everything will be fine and may God protect you! (((HUGS to YOU)))

Frugal doings-took our winter blankets and washed it and folded and put them in storage. I used our leftover steak bits (never ending steak it seems-I diced it)and used it in a Caesar salad for lunch. Someone gave us a free bag of chicken patties-so I made chicken parmigiana, but it was kind of tough meat. But hey it is free,so can't complain! She also gave us free chicken feed so gave that to the birds.

Tomorrow I have to go to get a mammogram. My dh had a big shock to his left side of the chest/heart during the middle of the night and woke him up. He had a bit of numbness to his left fingertips too. It was very quick then he had a smaller shock (like when you put a finger in the socket shock) afterwards. Doctor was not too worried but ordered another stress test to start with. He thinks maybe it is rib pain or nerve pain from when they did CPR compressions on his chest and he did have rib pain from that (not broken though per xray last year). Made dh nervous understandably too.

We did go for a walk in the park-with these days of Covid and quarantining, it is like I crave Mother Nature and getting out in nature. We have a big hill we go up and you can see the river which is pretty (although the windmills/fans kind of make it not as pretty!). Wish we were closer to the river-I LOVE water of any kind! If I ever win the lottery, I would love living next to the beach (*lol-I only play when the lottery is sooo big and it is on the news-my chances are less then bc more competition-lol! I hear I would be more likely struck by lightening!). Waves in the ocean gives me peace and calm-we used to go all the time-lately since his injury, we have not gone in a looong time. I could just sit there and relax and be calm as the salt air and waves refreshes my soul-everything just goes away.

Reminds me of a story-lol-we were sleeping in our mini Winnie at the beach and on the top bunk. Dh was trying to get romantic, and all the kids were asleep on the bottom beds. All of a sudden, my dd who was maybe like 7 or 8 yo at the time opened our drapes and said "Mommy,mommy,there is an earthquake!" from the moving of the camper lol! Oh I asked," An earthquake!?" I reassured her and she went back to sleep lol-that nixed anything romantic that night or any night in that camper lol!