Daily Check-in for May 6, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ownedbydogs

Re: Daily Check-in for May 6, 2021

Post by ownedbydogs »

Mrscreative wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:32 am I am wishing you the best with your appointment. I think your assumption is correct. You would have already heard from your doctor if there had been cancer. With my last colonoscopy, I had a polyp removed. It was not cancerous but the type that will develop into cancer over time. So needless to say, glad it was removed.
I had 3 of those polyps removed a month ago. Seems every time I have a colonoscopy they find at least one. Primary dr was sure I had cancer and sent me for the colonoscopy.. I think if I had to wait as long as Jackie, I would have gone crazy with waiting on results. I fortunately have insurance and although it cost me some, I had the results within 2 weeks.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:35 pm Hi All~
Went to the dentist today..not great. I haven't been since covid. Four cavities. Three really small...but one under a crown. UGH. So disappointed. I had so much tooth damage from chemo years ago....a lot of vomiting...and very dry mouth. I ended up with so many gum line cavities...so weakened teeth.
So..a bunch of dental appts. coming up....but...I AM STILL HERE!!!!!!
Sorry for being a downer.....I know no one likes to go to the dentist.

On the way home..I stopped at a nursery and picked up a LOT of new plants. That cheered me up!
I have poor teeth as well Christmas Trees and right now the dentist and I are in a maintain mode. I fear there will come a day when maintaining is no longer possible.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ownedbydogs wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:23 am I had 3 of those polyps removed a month ago. Seems every time I have a colonoscopy they find at least one. Primary dr was sure I had cancer and sent me for the colonoscopy.. I think if I had to wait as long as Jackie, I would have gone crazy with waiting on results. I fortunately have insurance and although it cost me some, I had the results within 2 weeks.
How is your daughter, Owned? I have kept her in my prayers.
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:56 am How is your daughter, Owned? I have kept her in my prayers.
She is home, but her thinking and cognitive problems decreased after given the meds and almost dying. Had pneumonia . She is glad to be home.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ownedbydogs wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:36 am She is home, but her thinking and cognitive problems decreased after given the meds and almost dying. Had pneumonia . She is glad to be home.
I’m glad she is home but sorry to hear of her ongoing problems. You are a super strong lady, Owned. (((Hugs)))
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:58 am I’m glad she is home but sorry to hear of her ongoing problems. You are a super strong lady, Owned. (((Hugs)))
Thank you for thing I am strong, but I am just a woman who loves her kids no matter how old or what problems they have have. She may be 50 next month, but she is still my kid.