Daily Check in May 7, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in May 7, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
A Day off and I wake up early. Oh well. Got the bathroom mostly cleaned, Laundry is going. I still need to vacuum and dust. There is some clutter to put away too.

We got cool weather again, frost warnings are out. Usually Mother's day is a good day to plant flowers and such it is a good benchmark for the last frost. This may be an odd year.

Plans for today include sewing together the rows of T-shirts, determining if I need borders to lengthen it (yes) and shopping for that fabric. Oh, it's payday and probably pay off my car day! Yipee!

My DB2 texted me yesterday, they found a house and had their offer accepted. They will be moving an hour closer. They will be close to DS1 & Family. I am excited.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in May 7, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

First the sort of good news from yesterday. We have sold the lot that we inherited from my father...Did not get all the property tax money back but did at least make sure that after this year it is no longer our problem. I will need to make a bill of sale out and once the village sends some paper work get that filled out as well. Had a bit of trouble convincing my sister to sell, but my brother was all for it.

Secondly the rims are still here, one last person to check them out, that is if they still want them. I have a feeling we are going to be stuck with these for eternity. Any decorative yard ideas out there?

The temperature is above freezing this morning, and so my walk should not be as chill inducing as it has been lately. I may go a bit farther than usual today (or rather almost to my old spring/summer/fall walking distance. I think I need to step it up once again.

I have a few chores to accomplish today and will do so early this morning. Nothing that involves heavy lifting or stretching too much. Then the afternoon will be spent watching BritBox (Hercule Poirot seasons) and working on the temperature blanket with a walk or two thrown in for good measure. I am hoping that if the weather warms up enough we can sit by the firepit for a bit this evening adult beverage in hand.

We still have a bit of work to do in the yard to be ready to enjoy it this spring and summer. The deck is pretty much set up in the back, but I need to get some plants to pretty it up. The front smaller deck still needs to have the bistro table and chairs put out and the flower boxes hung from the railing. Hubby's lights no longer work around his BBQ pavilion and so some new ones need to be purchased and perhaps some more lighting around the firepit as well. Slowly but surely things will be completed.

I was going to have some perogies for supper, but I think instead we will have the Leftover Baked Spaghetti instead. I plan on using some of the asparagus in the fridge as our side.

Today I am grateful for the chances I have to rest and heal after an injury or operation. I am lucky that Hubby and youngest son were able to help so much. Also that Hubby is still willing to lend a hand.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning

Today i will be going inside a restaurant for the first time in over a year. My daughter is taking me to lunch for mothers day and I think we are going to red lobster. This a big step but she is vacinated and I am and staff will.be masked. Time st stro.out of my cocoon.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Quilter, I hope that you thoroughly enjoy your lunch out with your daughter. My mom and I loved Red Lobster.

I had another difficult night with Pippi but I can nap any time during the day today. It didn’t help that I went to bed late. Pippi’s appointment is not until 5 today so if I feel tired I’ll lie down.

Same old, same old with decluttering and shredding. I hate to admit it but I have four file totes with paperwork. One is the most important one that I would take if I had to quickly evacuate. So I’m trying to make room for all of the important stuff there. One tote is mostly household records from things like the new a/c, roof, plumber, electrician. One tote is seven years of taxes. I need to look at a big brown envelope stuffed into the front of one tote. It is the paperwork, some of it oversized, from the purchase of my home. I think most or all should be saved.

On Sunday when I go to my friend’s house I hope I get a chance to talk with her DH about my paperwork. He is a CPA but also was a CFO for several companies and handles all their paperwork. (My friend is also a CPA but leaves the household finances to her husband.) I think he has scanned a lot of their paperwork. That would be great but seems like it would take me forever.

Have a good day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. I have been turning in maintenance requests for my building today. Yesterday afternoon the resident director and I went through the rooms again, having discovered that the floor cleaning people left every room unlocked and the lights on. What the heck! We found some broken things that had not been fixed in December, so I'm reporting those issues again.

Also fielded a phone call from a parent about room access in another dorm. It seems like when the phone calls roll over to me, I always get the parents who have no idea what dorm their kids live in. (Maybe it's just me, but if I was paying that much to rent my kid a room for the year, I'd know where the room was.) I deal with this by giving them the direct phone number of someone higher up the food chain who is likely to actually be at their desk. :-D

DH slept through the night, which rarely happens since he had Covid. He was taking a nap when I left for work. I hope he is approved soon for a sleep study.

Maggie, great news about possibly paying off your car!

Hope everyone has a peaceful day.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Slept well but had weird dreams. Even though I slept through the night, I am still sleepy

I think this getting older or covid or something is hitting me. I am having trouble opening jars with all those safety features. Took me forever to open my new bottle of coffee creamer. And then my eyesight is not as good either.

I will be 61 in a few weeks - :shock:

Where does the time fly??

Hope all have a great day