Daily Check In May 8, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In May 8, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Good afternoon friends.

Clem, changing the dust ruffle is no easy task! I’d love to change mine but there is no way I’d tackle it alone. Getting the mattress off and tipped against the wall is one thing, but getting it back on with the dust ruffle remaining in the right position is another thing. So kudos to you!

I slept well because Pippi was still feeling the effects of the sedative from yesterday’s vet visit. They trimmed her back nails but couldn’t do the front (which I can usually do) because the nurse said “Pippi wasn’t having it!”

I’m home from the Publix near mom’s house because I had two Rx ready. I bought a few more things (cat food and a miniature azalea for my friend) and went through the quick checkout line. At the end of the belt was a sign saying the cashier spoke American Sign Language and she had on a button that said she was deaf. I think I’ve seen her there before doing bagging. I love that Publix has for years made a point to hire people with disabilities. One that stands out is a young man with cerebral palsy (according to my mom’s “diagnosis” of him) who worked for years at my Publix.

I did some decluttering in the laundry room this morning but I’m done with that for the day although I may do some shredding.

Have a good day.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Day Friends,

It has been a good one. I forced myself to get up at 5:00 a.m. and go on a hike with a group of bird watchers. It was nothing less than glorious!! Was home and at the housework by 10:15. Yes, it was cold and overcast and drizling for the hike - and I loved every second of it. It was so good to be out with people again!! (Most wore masks - those of us fully vaccinated didn't have to - but I wore mine whenever I was less than 6 ft. from another person).

There was coffee and donuts and good conversation at the end of the hike - I so enjoyed it!! Got housework done. Made a trip to Dollar Tree for some needed - and some NOT needed things. Going to get cozy in my bed this afternoon and start on my book for book club on the 26th - it's actually IN PERSON (socially distanced, masks).

The activities I have THRIVED on are starting to come back and I am so thankful!!! Hope you all are having a blessed weekend.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:52 pm Good afternoon friends.

Clem, changing the dust ruffle is no easy task! I’d love to change mine but there is no way I’d tackle it alone. Getting the mattress off and tipped against the wall is one thing, but getting it back on with the dust ruffle remaining in the right position is another thing. So kudos to you!

I slept well because Pippi was still feeling the effects of the sedative from yesterday’s vet visit. They trimmed her back nails but couldn’t do the front (which I can usually do) because the nurse said “Pippi wasn’t having it!”

I’m home from the Publix near mom’s house because I had two Rx ready. I bought a few more things (cat food and a miniature azalea for my friend) and went through the quick checkout line. At the end of the belt was a sign saying the cashier spoke American Sign Language and she had on a button that said she was deaf. I think I’ve seen her there before doing bagging. I love that Publix has for years made a point to hire people with disabilities. One that stands out is a young man with cerebral palsy (according to my mom’s “diagnosis” of him) who worked for years at my Publix.

I did some decluttering in the laundry room this morning but I’m done with that for the day although I may do some shredding.

Have a good day.
well I called it a dust ruffle, but I just put a fitted sheet on it. Much easier. I tried the dust ruffle thing and no way could I put the mattress back on without it shifting all over the place. So I went this other route. Much easier!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Well another chore done

One more to go and I will call it a day and just relax afterwards

Had to go to the dollar store to buy pouched dog food. We mix it with the dry food.

I think these guys have been eating too much. I usually order 3 packs of 18 each from Chewy. Well this time i decided i better order 5! 90 packs. The ones at the dollar store are only 8 packs and are 5 dollars.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

ok - i only save 10 cents a pack on the wet pup food pack - but 10 cents is ten cents!

And free shipping. And I don't have to go to the store

And they don't always have it in stock- :mrgreen:
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Clem...I envy your tomato picking!!!
Went out this morning...bank...a few other stops...and I bought four potted herb plants for my DDIL for Mother's Day. I am so grateful for her. She is SUCH a great mother to my granddaughters. Love her to pieces.
Gloomy day...rain here and there.