Daily Check In May 8, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check In May 8, 2021

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut toute le monde

I was trying to decide if I wanted to check-in today or not. I'm not having a good day and it started yesterday afternoon.

My eye check-up went well and I got a lovely new set of frames so will have my new prescription and glasses in two or three weeks. I told the woman choosing frames that I wanted some color as that seems to be the "big" dealio now. She brought over maybe 20 frames. The first ones I saw where the ones I got, I loved them as soon as I saw them and they fit and look well on me. They have a teal color above the eye and have metal at the bottom that helps hold in the lenses. The arms also have a variety of colors so it really "ups" my fashion quota. I asked them when I had been there last and they told me 2014!! Time goes by quickly!! They couldn't believe my current pair of glasses has no scratches on the lenses and looked so good. Well, ya gotta clean them while wet or you DO get scratches.

My friend (the one who is really my only friend I can get rides from during the week and now that the car blew-up) had given me a ride to my eye appointment and then we went to Canadian tire where she got a plant and some stuff for her plants. I got myself a new bicycle pump. We had gone to the bicycle shop in town and the guy there declared my old pump "dead." The rubber gasket had gotten too hard over the years (almost 28!!). We were then going to the grocery store so I could get some flour, margarine and brown sugar so I could do some baking.

As we were going to the store, I mentioned the Canadian Candy Package I am sending a friend in Texas. She said she could probably print out the label cheaper than going to the Shoppers Drug Mart Postal outlet. I said, "That would be nice, with trump and DeJoy destroying the post office. . ." She then told me to shut-up. She didn't want to hear anything about trump. I then tried to say what I had wanted to say, "I am wondering how long this candy will take to get to Jim." Instead, she kept telling me to shut-up, she didn't want to hear it. It was VERY uncomfortable. I've talked to my shrink about this behavior of her before. It really hurts my feelings. I then said, "I wish I had the nerve to tell people to SHUT-UP when I don't feel like hearing what they have to say." She then went to say, "Well, you go on and on and on and I don't want to hear it." I said, "So do you!" To which she replied, "Yah? On what?! You can't name anything because I don't!!" By now we were at Sobeys grocery store, I went in and got my items, came back out to the car and only said, "Margarine, Parkay, is $2.00 off) and then sat silently until we got to my apartment where I thanked her for the time and rides all over town and went inside.

Well, my PTSD didn't like that interaction at all, too much like times at home with my "mother." I cried for a few hours and went to bed at 7 pm. I got up around midnight and killed some anxiety by watching TV and then went back to bed. It's really upset me, A LOT. People on Mother's Day are always going on about "cherishing" your mother and you only have "one" etc. It's one of the most painful days of the year for me.

I'm not one of those people who does angry/upset cleaning. I cry instead. I still feel so bad today I've been crying on and off. I miss my Dad. He and I could talk about anything and everything and no one told anyone they were bored or to Shut-up. I'm not doing anything today but trying to talk myself into feeling better. I realize my friend has her own issues with bipolar disorder and anxiety (which is when she goes on and on about something but I wasn't going to hurt her feeling back) but when she does that to ANYONE it is exceedingly rude and hurtful to some people, me being one of them.

Sorry for going on. I live alone. Our Province just went CODE RED again as we have higher numbers this weeks since the pandemic began. Even the hospital here in town has lots of COVID-19 cases. The other day a man in his 50s died. Code red has closed down the restaurants and patios again, further restricted gatherings and my apartment block has signs up saying that you can't be in the hallways without a mask and no visiting in apartments, only people on the lease can be in an apartment. This CODE RED is until the end of May. Our hospitals are really filling up and they are going to be moving elective surgeries to smaller hospitals so that they can continue without using COVID space.

I may make a rhubarb crisp later tonight. I have to run the dishwasher and get my pan out to use.

That's the skinny from around here.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:35 pm well I called it a dust ruffle, but I just put a fitted sheet on it. Much easier. I tried the dust ruffle thing and no way could I put the mattress back on without it shifting all over the place. So I went this other route. Much easier!
You still did well to move the mattress and put on the fitted sheet. I’ve seen they now have dust ruffles that attach with Velcro or are elasticized to fit around the box spring/foundation. Not a big selection but it is an option and I’ve looked at them.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Sat May 08, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:56 pm Salut toute le monde

I was trying to decide if I wanted to check-in today or not. I'm not having a good day and it started yesterday afternoon.

My eye check-up went well and I got a lovely new set of frames so will have my new prescription and glasses in two or three weeks. I told the woman choosing frames that I wanted some color as that seems to be the "big" dealio now. She brought over maybe 20 frames. The first ones I saw where the ones I got, I loved them as soon as I saw them and they fit and look well on me. They have a teal color above the eye and have metal at the bottom that helps hold in the lenses. The arms also have a variety of colors so it really "ups" my fashion quota. I asked them when I had been there last and they told me 2014!! Time goes by quickly!! They couldn't believe my current pair of glasses has no scratches on the lenses and looked so good. Well, ya gotta clean them while wet or you DO get scratches.

My friend (the one who is really my only friend I can get rides from during the week and now that the car blew-up) had given me a ride to my eye appointment and then we went to Canadian tire where she got a plant and some stuff for her plants. I got myself a new bicycle pump. We had gone to the bicycle shop in town and the guy there declared my old pump "dead." The rubber gasket had gotten too hard over the years (almost 28!!). We were then going to the grocery store so I could get some flour, margarine and brown sugar so I could do some baking.

As we were going to the store, I mentioned the Canadian Candy Package I am sending a friend in Texas. She said she could probably print out the label cheaper than going to the Shoppers Drug Mart Postal outlet. I said, "That would be nice, with trump and DeJoy destroying the post office. . ." She then told me to shut-up. She didn't want to hear anything about trump. I then tried to say what I had wanted to say, "I am wondering how long this candy will take to get to Jim." Instead, she kept telling me to shut-up, she didn't want to hear it. It was VERY uncomfortable. I've talked to my shrink about this behavior of her before. It really hurts my feelings. I then said, "I wish I had the nerve to tell people to SHUT-UP when I don't feel like hearing what they have to say." She then went to say, "Well, you go on and on and on and I don't want to hear it." I said, "So do you!" To which she replied, "Yah? On what?! You can't name anything because I don't!!" By now we were at Sobeys grocery store, I went in and got my items, came back out to the car and only said, "Margarine, Parkay, is $2.00 off) and then sat silently until we got to my apartment where I thanked her for the time and rides all over town and went inside.

Well, my PTSD didn't like that interaction at all, too much like times at home with my "mother." I cried for a few hours and went to bed at 7 pm. I got up around midnight and killed some anxiety by watching TV and then went back to bed. It's really upset me, A LOT. People on Mother's Day are always going on about "cherishing" your mother and you only have "one" etc. It's one of the most painful days of the year for me.

I'm not one of those people who does angry/upset cleaning. I cry instead. I still feel so bad today I've been crying on and off. I miss my Dad. He and I could talk about anything and everything and no one told anyone they were bored or to Shut-up. I'm not doing anything today but trying to talk myself into feeling better. I realize my friend has her own issues with bipolar disorder and anxiety (which is when she goes on and on about something but I wasn't going to hurt her feeling back) but when she does that to ANYONE it is exceedingly rude and hurtful to some people, me being one of them.

Sorry for going on. I live alone. Our Province just went CODE RED again as we have higher numbers this weeks since the pandemic began. Even the hospital here in town has lots of COVID-19 cases. The other day a man in his 50s died. Code red has closed down the restaurants and patios again, further restricted gatherings and my apartment block has signs up saying that you can't be in the hallways without a mask and no visiting in apartments, only people on the lease can be in an apartment. This CODE RED is until the end of May. Our hospitals are really filling up and they are going to be moving elective surgeries to smaller hospitals so that they can continue without using COVID space.

I may make a rhubarb crisp later tonight. I have to run the dishwasher and get my pan out to use.

MJ
Sorry that you had such a tough day, MJ. I can relate to many of your feelings. I had a good but not perfect relationship with my mother and I’m sure I’ll shed quite a few tears tomorrow. Sad that I don’t have my mother but also that I’m not a mother myself. Companies are starting to recognize this.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/mothers-day-hard-opt-out-1.6015937

My friend invited me to her house and I’m sure I’ll enjoy it when I’m there but part of me just wants to stay home.

Like you, when I’m upset I cry - a lot. (I sure wish I cleaned, instead!)

I read CBC and read about the new restrictions in Manitoba. (Also Nova Scotia is closing their border with PEI.) These restrictions are HARD especially for people like us who live alone!! I wish you the best. (As much as I don’t like Gov. DeSantis, I’m glad that we have had weak restrictions for most of the time here in Florida. I’m glad that my county had a mask mandate but I’m also glad that libraries opened after only a few months.) So (((Hugs)) for today - and the rest of the month!
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

(((MJ)))

I wish you could find more friends or a way around that didn't cost you.
I am sure your friend has her own issues...don't we all. But that was rude and hurtful, I would gladly take you around if I were there. We might end up in Timbuctoo because of me being severely directionally challenged but at least we would see the scenery!
Hang in there and be kind to yourself, I loved my mom dearly but we had "trying times" all families do. I am not trying to diminish your relationship with your mom....but am thankful you had a good relationship with your dad.
All of your new restrictions sound so hard, ours have lessened but I still feel like a prisoner in my own home sometimes, but thats on me and letting my anxiety get to me :roll:
Try to let it go and concentrate on you...
JCKitty
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

We got the bees!!! 3 nucs and we got the type that are resistant to bee mites so that is a very good thing! It was a perfect day for getting them, sun shining and where we had to go was in a valley so very little wind.

I wondered around the property which had an abandoned house on it while they were checking and sorting the bee nucs. Such a shame they had abandoned the house, windows and doors were open and of course I had to go in and look. From the papers left it hasn't been occupied since 2004, but there could have been squatters there before the bee keeper started using the property for bees...now there is too much traffic around it for squatters.
It looked as if people just moved with the clothes they had and left the rest. I don't know why but that is always upsetting to me, I always wonder why???

I have done the sum total of nada since I got home. It is turning off chilly and overcast. I will forage for leftovers for supper and probably watch mindless TV....the fiancé is excavating all weekend so he is on his own.

JCKitty
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:56 pm Salut toute le monde

MJ
MJ...I am sending you hugs my friend. Sorry about your disturbing day.