Cyberattack on the biggest US gas pipeline

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalmom

Re: Cyberattack on the biggest US gas pipeline

Post by frugalmom »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:11 pm The only big story I have read about this was in the Daily Mail

They had pictures of long lines at gas stations cuz they are running out of fuel
It has been on the national world news. Also twitter and other social media people are posting how they are dealing with long lines,limited 10 to 25 gallon fuel limits and closed down gas stations running empty. In L.A. ares, someone reported they were paying 6./ gallon gas and I thought we were bad, but we are not that affected yet like the East coast and the Southern states apparently. I think it was Alabama and the Carolinas they were showing-anyone from there can back up what it is like on the ground there?

I spoke to someone today at our gas station and he was oblivious to what happened and says he gets his gas from Sacramento and actually he was the cheapest I could find at 3.69/gallon in a bad neighborhood though and that was like a small independent gas station not a major one. Yesterday I filled up at a bigger one that usually is cheap at 4.16/gallon (I saw the cheaper one after my fill up-darn so I went and filled up my little car there). So one gas station person did say that if not resolved by the end of the week (news said this too) then maybe a higher spike in gas prices out here so mainly it is affecting Easter and Southern states. Some say truckers though are affected by this too.