Cyberattack on the biggest US gas pipeline

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalmom

Cyberattack on the biggest US gas pipeline

Post by frugalmom »

I did not listen to the news today bc I was busy going out and I heard this in passing on the radio driving home, but kind of zoned out. I see it is being mentioned on the sites I do visit, so they are saying if prolonged it is not good. So I do not know if they fixed it yet already or not, BUT it doesn't hurt to fill your car to the top with gas before prices shoot even further up from this. Esp in the East Coast and South and in the comments some people were saying already some station on the East Coast were limiting how much gas they can fill.

I do not know how it will affect the West Coast as I was trying to look this up and i guess it depends how prolonged the shut down will be. So I would play it safe and already out here I am seeing gas prices shoot up before the cyberattack so give it any reason and it will increase even further. So prudent to just play it safe and fill up your gas tanks full on all your cars! If anything as prices are going up anyway and holidays are coming up, just keep it full! Giving y'all a heads up! Be proactive vs reactive!
SandiSAHM

Re: Cyberattack on the biggest US gas pipeline

Post by SandiSAHM »

Apparently this is the thing now (ransomware attacks). Tulsa was hit over the weekend:

https://www.newson6.com/story/6097072b1098b10bd7c8d2d6/city-of-tulsa-provides-update-on-weekend-ransomware-attack
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

They have been a thing for a while.
Fortunately my customer has not been a victim of one.
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

It is tough when they target the infrastructure and then hold it ransom-like if we pay it they will keep on doing it! We are held hostage!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

The only big story I have read about this was in the Daily Mail

They had pictures of long lines at gas stations cuz they are running out of fuel
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/05/11/gas-shortage-colonial-pipeline/