Daily Check In May 9, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In May 9, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day to all Moms/Grandmas/Fur Moms/Adopted Moms/and the list could go on and on.

As I said in a previous post I played Goldilocks last night, trying out different beds. I managed a few hours in a couple, but the third I was lucky if I got 20 mins. It is going to be a long day. Definitely more than 2 cups of coffee day that is for sure.

Hubby bought me a plant, a rather large and ugly coloured one. I think I know where I will put it (not where I would really like to put it). I know the thought he was helping me, but leave the flower and bedding plant buying in my hands, I really don't need the help. Of course I said "How lovely", and "You shouldn't have. But he knows me very well....

I will just be doing the basic Sunday household tasks today and making my list for next weeks to do list. I am hoping that Hubby will BBQ today so that takes care of cooking (still have the setting up/getting ready/clearing up though). I may pull some items from the freezer and do a bit of baking to use things up. Also we don't really have any baking left in the house, and if I plan on making bread, I may as well use the oven as much as possible.

Then too, I want to make a trip and begin purchasing my plants (Hubby says they are all out now) before the good ones are all gone. Happens really quickly around here. If I can find a few at one place and a few at another today I will be a happy camper. My hall way will look a bit crowded as I will be bringing them inside every night until it warms up considerably.

Supper tonight will be ham steak, tossed salad, and perhaps if I get moving this morning some deviled eggs.

Today I am grateful for the sunshine, but am really wishing for a nice soaking rain.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, everyone. I went to bed early and woke up early, just like yesterday. The weekend has been devoted to not doing much. We bought groceries yesterday and I ordered dry dog and cat food from Chewy.

Received a few clothing items from eBay Friday that I laundered and I need to check the slacks for length to see if any hemming is needed. They looked about right when compared to another pair of my slacks that were going in the wash.

Today I need to cook something for my lunches or just make sandwiches. I will be working in another building through Wednesday, processing the students' mail for forwarding, and after that I have to work in the main department office. Ugh. I do not like those people: they violate school policy and don't wear masks, so I will have to wear a mask all day.

Supper will be spaghetti with Italian sausage, I think.

I must go gas up my car today. I have a half tank, but it looks like prices may be going up.

Hope all the moms, step moms, grandmoms and pet moms here have a nice Mother's Day.
Mackie
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

JC Kitty
Florida
Christmas Trees

Thank you so much for your kind words as I went through an awful couple of days. Your friendship, and everyone here, means a great deal to me.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:28 am JC Kitty
Florida
Christmas Trees

Thank you so much for your kind words as I went through an awful couple of days. Your friendship, and everyone here, means a great deal to me.

MJ
I hope things are much better now MJ.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Happy Mother's Day to all. Everyone has "mothered" someone in their lives....a friend...a pet...even a stranger in need. Had breakfast here with my kids. They brought me a beautiful hanging plant.
Sunny and warm here..so out to do some planting!
Hope you all have the best day.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackielou wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:32 am Good morning and Happy Mother's Day to all Moms/Grandmas/Fur Moms/Adopted Moms/and the list could go on and on.

As I said in a previous post I played Goldilocks last night, trying out different beds. I managed a few hours in a couple, but the third I was lucky if I got 20 mins. It is going to be a long day. Definitely more than 2 cups of coffee day that is for sure.

Hubby bought me a plant, a rather large and ugly coloured one. I think I know where I will put it (not where I would really like to put it). I know the thought he was helping me, but leave the flower and bedding plant buying in my hands, I really don't need the help. Of course I said "How lovely", and "You shouldn't have. But he knows me very well....

I will just be doing the basic Sunday household tasks today and making my list for next weeks to do list. I am hoping that Hubby will BBQ today so that takes care of cooking (still have the setting up/getting ready/clearing up though). I may pull some items from the freezer and do a bit of baking to use things up. Also we don't really have any baking left in the house, and if I plan on making bread, I may as well use the oven as much as possible.

Then too, I want to make a trip and begin purchasing my plants (Hubby says they are all out now) before the good ones are all gone. Happens really quickly around here. If I can find a few at one place and a few at another today I will be a happy camper. My hall way will look a bit crowded as I will be bringing them inside every night until it warms up considerably.

Supper tonight will be ham steak, tossed salad, and perhaps if I get moving this morning some deviled eggs.

Today I am grateful for the sunshine, but am really wishing for a nice soaking rain.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie, so sorry you had a rough night - here's hoping to good long sleep tonight!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz