Daily Check In May 10, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In May 10, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:10 pm Yes, I saw today that he left Florida and thought it was probably because of the heat. Wife and son probably stayed because school is still in session until the end of May. If I had a “summer home” I wouldn’t choose NJ that’s for sure. I’d pick the NC mountains or New England.

I think that you get more cool days - or at least mornings - than we do in Florida. But you also get days of brutal heat like you had yesterday. Very nice that you visited the cemetery. I remember your mom well and you continue to be a wonderful daughter.
A few of my siblings met up there and brought their lawn chairs and sat around talking. People will have picnics at the family graves. Talk about the old days.

They went later in the afternoon and there are a couple of trees next to the grave, so it wasn't as bad.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I would be in Maine. Loved when we went up there.

Second would be the beach on south padre island. To me, with the wind there - doesn't feel as hot.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

List almost complete, got tired and took a break.

I started raining ....again... I would love to have some of FloridaCat's Florida heat...I have had the heat on and most May's are the month of " neither " ....No heat, no AC.

Glad I cleaned the fridge, found 1/3 of the cucumber shoved into the back...totally forgot about it...well it's chicken food now...

Nothing exciting going on at all.

JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I have a friend whose family has a farm in the Wisconsin Dells. The July highs are 75 F. I could handle that!
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

icfrugal1 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:22 pm good morning,

It's going to be a long week, busy, medical appointments of one or another everyday this week. 4 for DH, 1 for me.

Got some bad news about DH's youngest brother yesterday, age 52 or so. short story after 25 years and 3 kids, 24, 18, and 16. He and his wife are getting divorced. The house is sold, papers for the home to be signed today. Have no idea what will happen with the house new his wife and kids have already moved to her mothers.

SIL, found out that he was (youngest BIL) in a bad car accident, we have no details, he is on a ventilator, several broken ribs, lung, broken bones. in the ICU, then rehab, no idea of time. BIL's soon to be x wife won't take care of him when he gets out. ( I can't blame her)

I broke my cell phone yesterday :|

IC
ICfugal - person that had the accident is also the one that just got divorced? Hope he pulls through.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Received a call from my cousin about two hours ago

Her mom is my only maternal uncle's wife. My uncle passed many years ago.

She is not doing well. This is the only aunt we have left. She is 94

don't know if I should call her back. She had to end the call before i got more info.