Daily Check-in May 11, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily Check-in May 11, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. I have been awake since 3:00 AM and finally decided to get up and start my day.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Janet Alliesmama
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in May 11, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I made myself take a walk last night, a little over 35 minutes and 1.5 miles. Much faster than Mall walking.
Today will be a long day. We always have a team meeting at 4 PM on Tuesdays and they tend to last an hour +. Although they are not mandatory.

Not much else happening aside from the usual.

Have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I’m meeting mom’s neighbor for breakfast this morning. We were going for lunch but she texted me last night for breakfast instead. She suggested one of my favorite local restaurants and it didn’t dawn on me until later that it will be indoor dining. Small parking lot. I’m a bit nervous because I wonder if neighbor will want to chat without our masks now that the mask order has been rescinded. I won’t do anything that makes me uncomfortable.

Then I’ll need to move as many of my plants as I can into my laundry room. There was a notice on my door that the painters are going to start work on my townhouse cluster tomorrow morning. They have already finished most of the townhouses and they look really nice. We are going from beige siding to two tones of grey with white trim and updated house numbers.

Pippi’s appointment Is not until 5. I really feel that she’s doing well right now.

Have a good day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I have been up for awhile doing a quick scroll through the news and really enjoying my first of two cups of coffee. Now it is time to enjoy my visit with all of you.

Floridacat, the new colours for your community sound lovely.

Maggie I hope you get your walk in.

Alliesmomma, I do think that an afternoon nap could be in the works for you.

It was supposed to fall well below freezing overnight, but it seems it might have just reached the freezing point. I do hope that this means I can get some plants in very soon. Do have to send Hubby to get soil though before any of that happens. I need lots more than last year as I have a few new pots to plant and need to dig out some longer, heavier planters and add some new soil. Still have plants to purchase as well and will take another look at some point this week.

Frugally today I will be making phone calls, getting bills ready to pay on the day I go shopping, checking to see what needs using up in the fridge, and using up some more yarn. I will also be copying down the temperatures from June to at least October for the year that youngest DS was born. I should manage to finish this last month I am working on today or tomorrow and be able to move a bit quicker now.

I will be walking for exercise, and I think I have stopped drinking enough water each day so will start to monitor how much I manage to consume again.

My list of household chores grew today as I could not complete some of those from yesterday (hair stylist was closed on Mondays now) and will have to be done today. I also do not know for sure when I will be grocery shopping this week. I am having fun with trying to make things last for as long as possible and seem to be succeeding (to my complete and utter surprise). I will be doing some extra cleaning as well. My sewing/craft room needs a bit of a tidy (seems to be a common occurrence around here).

Our neighbour selling her home has got me wondering if it isn't time we did the same. This makes me even more challenged to use things up before buying more, especially when it comes to craft supplies. Perhaps sticking to consumables or replacement items would be a better idea.

Walking for my daily exercise once again today and will be sticking to the 18 blocks for a bit. I was pretty sore after yesterday's walk (my city has a great many hills being built on the edge of the Souris Valley). Still that gives me incentive to hit that 20 or 22 block mark by the end of this month. Then my shorter mid afternoon will stay the same and the later one just before supper can be kept at 10 or 15 blocks as usual. Yesterday I actually reached just over 12K steps. Probably will not get that many today, but it something to strive for.

Supper tonight will be some leftover ham from the fridge freezer made into a casserole (done totally in the microwave) along with salad.

Today I am grateful that the weather seems to be improving, however we are all wishing for some rain very soon.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:38 am
Then I’ll need to move as many of my plants as I can into my laundry room. There was a notice on my door that the painters are going to start work on my townhouse cluster tomorrow morning. They have already finished most of the townhouses and they look really nice. We are going from beige siding to two tones of grey with white trim and updated house numbers.
My co-op has just had a 3 year roof and siding upgrade completed. We, too, went with light gray siding, charcoal roof shingle and white trim.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. Janet, I am sorry you slept so poorly. Jackie, I hope the Canadian real estate market isn't as crazy as the U.S. one. Right now people can't find anywhere affordable to live where we are. Absolute shacks are selling for what we bought our very nice house for nine years ago.

At the moment, I'm having coffee break in my own clean, quiet office. As soon as the cleaning stuff that's in the washer is finished, I'll head up the hill to the other building where I'm working today and tomorrow. Got a Zoom training session this morning -- oh, joy!

Today I'm wearing a pair of the black slacks that were re-dyed on Sunday. They came out nice: not as dark as if they were brand new, but definitely much improved. Not bad for something I've been wearing for five years.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie