Would you take care of your ex- spouse?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalmom

Re: Would you take care of your ex- spouse?

Post by frugalmom »

SandiSAHM wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:58 am Your DH is a good guy; I'm sure he imparted to your sons the need to treat women with respect.

My ex was a Ryan Gosling type, only 6' 4" (I have no idea how tall Gosling is, LOL) sandy blond with blue eyes, easy tan, well-muscled, dressed well, he had the whole package, on the OUTSIDE. And smoooth; that man could sell sand to a Saudi prince. But the nice exterior hides a disaster of an alcoholic anger-management classes by court order nut. Who sees no reason to change.

Current (think I'll keep this one) is more a young Zack Snyder only with darker hair and green eyes. Super sense of humor, down to earth, practical, crazy SMART, I can't even keep up with him brains wise. His biggest flaw is he seems to believe acquiring degrees is fun. :roll:

Both of them waaay too good looking to have even given me the time of day, but both pursued me and with this one, letting him catch me was a good idea. The other? Meh; everyone makes mistakes.
You underrate yourself-I am sure they see you for who you are-a warm,down to earth and lovable person who is engaging like you are on our Frugal forum! I love tall men(my dh was 6 feet but seems to be shrinking I think and my sons tower over him now). I have to look up Zack Snyder I do not know who he is. I like dark hair with green eyes and that is what I have (although my green and turquoise eyes are contacts which brighten up my face as soon as I wear them). Talking about hair my son last night first came out with beach blonde hair last night(like highlights but it looked like most of his hair) which looked ok, but then a bit later he came out and had red hair (guess the blond was the bleaching process-he got the stuff and instructions from the clerk at Sally's!).

OMG-I burst out laughing-he is confident he doesn't care he thinks he is a fashion icon!!! Since he has been thinking he is a fashion icon his taste is getting weirder and weirder and yes, people follow him as a fashion icon/guru around here-lol! I told him he looks like Ronald McDonald!!! And I am NOT kidding-he does!!! I told him you will look back at this in life and think what was I thinking-like I did when I wore leg warmers in the trend back in the day during the summer at the theme park-what was I thinking!?
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Your youngest DS is my DS's age (16)? He's got plenty of time to "play" with his look. And who knows, if he keeps his business going he may never have to interview for a "real" job and deal with bending to conform to a 'business' look. Or he might go into design where a unique look works toward the job.

Mine is totally his Dad's child. Low key. He even had his surfer hair buzzed off (he grew it out when the pandemic kicked in, but then it got too long and annoyed him). Currently wearing a Bob Ross t-shirt and sweats. He's going to be an engineer because he wants to design things "better."

I think he's going to wind up working for DD's employer over the summer around his mowing business; the only class he's taking is a 3D CAD course to help with design work when he gets to college. It's interesting to me how far ahead they plan now, for young people. At their age I still didn't know what I wanted to "be." After a few more years when I figured it out, turned out I was wrong :lol:

I think the only staring point of interest with either husband was that I wasn't one of the crowd of women working to get their attention; I didn't care. Maybe it was a challenge. When current H walked in my office (he swaggered, one of those athlete/super confident walks his son has also inherited) and said "hey, we should go out sometime," I told him to go play with someone his own age :lol: Even told him which department to look in (customer service, lots of young single girls who liked to talk about him - the single guy over in Boss'sName's group). But... no.

Twenty-two years later... Yeah, he can stay.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

So, the great news is, BIL out of the hospital, and no rehab, he is moving in with friends.

the only other think that I have heard is that it was a one car/truck accident, his. He remembers nothing.

IC
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

I would not take care of my ex. We were never married, but he was physically, emotionally, and psychologically abusive. So nope, better ask one of his ex wives