Daily Check in May 12, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in May 12, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

A quick check in before making my coffee and logging into work.
DS2 is coming down for dinner with me tonight. I am excited.

Not much else happening around here. My manager had here all hands meeting yesterday and was showing us some documents on long-term plans for the team. Have I mentioned that I expect my current client not to renew their contract with us? I am thinking there is a year left. And I was a bit worried, but there was a statement on one of her docs that they expect to move 9 people on our current contract over to a different contract. Made me hopeful.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check in May 12, 2021

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute le monde,

I am going to work today!! Yesterday afternoon, I got a message on FB from my friend Zoe. She is an essential worker at a school. As our province has gone CODE RED, all the students in the school division will be home schooled except the children of essential workers who will be going to school. Emmitt (6) and Dayton (8) are my little pals. Emmitt's day care had contacted Zoe the night before to say Emmitt couldn't show up for his morning day care anymore (germs!!). She said she spent half the night freaking out about what they were going to do with Emmitt on the days John isn't called in to do high tower satellite repair (it pays enough that if he works two days a week, it's GOOD!). About 11pm she thought of me! YAY!! I love those little kids!!

So, today, I go over to their house and while Dayton and Mom go to school, Emmitt and I will hang out for the morning and then I will drop him off at school at 12:45 for his kindergarten class. Dayton is VERY upset that she doesn't get to hang-out with MJ and that Emmitt gets to hang out with me and watch movies or whatever. Makes me feel loved! :D

They have given me the van that John sometimes drives to remote locations while this shutdown goes on. John will use his truck. After my experience with my car, I am just hoping I don't jinx the van!

So, I tried to sleep last night but didn't do such a good job! I was too excited for today and didn't want to oversleep when I am to meet up with them around 8:20 am. Then Zoe and Dayton will go to school.

I'm hoping I won't be feeling the need for my noon nap! I just need to hold off until 1:30 pm. :? Hope I can do it!!

So, I am going to be hanging out with an adorable boy and a wee bit of the morning with Dayton (I can see her pouting this morning about "it's not fair!!" And I have a vehicle which they said I could use to get groceries and such also.

I've mentioned my beloved Cooper Doggie before, I was his babysitter for 9 years. That's how I met John and Zoe. It was Christmas and they were going on their honeymoon but all the boarding kennels were booked. I volunteered to babysit and we've been friends ever since!

It's going to be a good day!

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:57 am Good Morning friends,

A quick check in before making my coffee and logging into work.
DS2 is coming down for dinner with me tonight. I am excited.

Not much else happening around here. My manager had here all hands meeting yesterday and was showing us some documents on long-term plans for the team. Have I mentioned that I expect my current client not to renew their contract with us? I am thinking there is a year left. And I was a bit worried, but there was a statement on one of her docs that they expect to move 9 people on our current contract over to a different contract. Made me hopeful.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Keeping my fingers crossed that all works out well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

This morning I have a hair appointment so I’m looking forward to that. The rest of the day I’ll continue decluttering. The videos of paper decluttering have a small stack of paper, nothing like what I’ve collected over decades. But I’m getting there. Yesterday I came across my original pre-ACA application for health insurance. It was six pages of my medical history plus two pages of “explanations” I had typed up plus several pages of signatures attesting that I was telling the truth. I did get it with a $5k deductible so for my eye surgery they paid nothing. Those were the days.

Vet called yesterday to ask if I could switch to a 3 p.m. appt. instead of 5. It worked out OK but Pippi’s sedative did not have sufficient time so she was “mouthy” with the vet nurse. They have not weighed her in about two weeks but to me she seems heavier which I hope is true.

My laundry room is filled with plants so my donation boxes are pushed to the side for now. I’m hoping the painting takes no more than a week but it will be worth it.

Have a good day. (It was 90 F. yesterday and I think will be the same today.)
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:51 am Bonne matin toute le monde,

I am going to work today!! Yesterday afternoon, I got a message on FB from my friend Zoe. She is an essential worker at a school. As our province has gone CODE RED, all the students in the school division will be home schooled except the children of essential workers who will be going to school. Emmitt (6) and Dayton (8) are my little pals. Emmitt's day care had contacted Zoe the night before to say Emmitt couldn't show up for his morning day care anymore (germs!!). She said she spent half the night freaking out about what they were going to do with Emmitt on the days John isn't called in to do high tower satellite repair (it pays enough that if he works two days a week, it's GOOD!). About 11pm she thought of me! YAY!! I love those little kids!!

So, today, I go over to their house and while Dayton and Mom go to school, Emmitt and I will hang out for the morning and then I will drop him off at school at 12:45 for his kindergarten class. Dayton is VERY upset that she doesn't get to hang-out with MJ and that Emmitt gets to hang out with me and watch movies or whatever. Makes me feel loved! :D

They have given me the van that John sometimes drives to remote locations while this shutdown goes on. John will use his truck. After my experience with my car, I am just hoping I don't jinx the van!

So, I tried to sleep last night but didn't do such a good job! I was too excited for today and didn't want to oversleep when I am to meet up with them around 8:20 am. Then Zoe and Dayton will go to school.

I'm hoping I won't be feeling the need for my noon nap! I just need to hold off until 1:30 pm. :? Hope I can do it!!

So, I am going to be hanging out with an adorable boy and a wee bit of the morning with Dayton (I can see her pouting this morning about "it's not fair!!" And I have a vehicle which they said I could use to get groceries and such also.

I've mentioned my beloved Cooper Doggie before, I was his babysitter for 9 years. That's how I met John and Zoe. It was Christmas and they were going on their honeymoon but all the boarding kennels were booked. I volunteered to babysit and we've been friends ever since!

It's going to be a good day!

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Have fun with your job today MJ.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

MJ, that's wonderful about your child tending job and getting to use the van. Yay!

Maggie, I hope all works out with your job. You are so conscientious and do such a good job. (((hugs)))

I am having a little coffee break in my office before heading up the hill to the one where I'm helping out. I about have it whipped into shape. :-D Today I brought a window blind rescued from the trash room upstairs (brand new, still in the box) to see if it fits the front window of that office. It was painted last year and the maintenance crew removed the blinds but never put any back up, so the admin person sits in the big front window like a plate of baked goods in a display case.

Cold and rainy today. I wonder where spring went?

Starting tomorrow, I have to work in the main office, which I dread. I'm going to try to keep my head down, bite my tongue and keep my mostly deaf left ear turned to the really offensive person I've been assigned to work for. Yeesh.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day.
Mackie