Daily Check in May 12, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in May 12, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

wow already received a text that the COD's tax return was accepted by the IRS!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

yes frugalmom

you would get a 50 dollar credit for several months

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/05/12/emergency-broadband-benefit-faq/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Afternoon. Also did my taxes and yes, got the email and text saying accepted. No refund I owed 21 bucks. Last year I owed 70 and income didn't go down but not gonna argue. Not bad considering I don't have taxes taken from the pension

I just made a huge onion soup.chuxj roast in the slow cooker. It gave one portion for dinner and 3 for the freezer. About yo do a small.Schwans casserole order.

Silver sneakers is now open here and im.going tomorrow for the first time in a year. The have limited sesying..you go.to your chair and take off your msdk.and then put it on if you move from your area. You also have to temp check on the way in. I much prefer to exercising in a group than with the TV.

The afternoon is for reading and sewing now...
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

going in for DH's treatment today.

Neighbor just got a pedigree puppy, paid a $300 re homing fee for a puppy worth thousands. :-) their much loved dog died last year .

It's a Pandemic puppy and the people went back to work. I'm afraid that there are going to a lot of "Pandemic" puppies/ dogs being let go.

Believe me, this puppy ended up in a home with love.

LOL Sophie was NOT happy seeing me bringing a couple of her new toys over for the puppy :roll:

IC
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:57 am Good Morning friends,

A quick check in before making my coffee and logging into work.
DS2 is coming down for dinner with me tonight. I am excited.

Not much else happening around here. My manager had here all hands meeting yesterday and was showing us some documents on long-term plans for the team. Have I mentioned that I expect my current client not to renew their contract with us? I am thinking there is a year left. And I was a bit worried, but there was a statement on one of her docs that they expect to move 9 people on our current contract over to a different contract. Made me hopeful.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie...your company would be crazy to not keep you on for as long as you wanted to stay. You work SO hard for them.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Evening Friends,

Hope you are all having a good week. It's been cold here but warmer temps around the corner - at least that's what they say. Had a busy day and just now put supper into the oven - a vegan shepherd's pie that I put together on Monday evening and never baked.

DD helped my parents again today. She already ate supper but I was doing laundry, walking my dogs, etc.

Off to check emails while I wait impatiently for food!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz