Daily Check In May 13, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In May 13, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all!

It was a rough night for us. Elder pup was barking and roaming the hall all night

The COD and I would feed him and take him outside. He finally went to sleep about 7 or so.

I am barely moving around. Will probably have to nap later.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, is the elder pup up and awake during the day? You might consider waking him up and making him go outside, or giving him doggie melatonin to regulate his sleep.

It finally occurred to me that I'm so sore all over because the CoEnzyme Q supplement I take in conjunction with a statin for high cholesterol ran out last weekend. It helps prevent muscle pain from statins, which I do get when I take most statins. So I'm going to try to get to the drugstore at lunch time.
Mackie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

The mowing is done!!!....I went out to check the gas situation and just got it done. There is no wind and the sun is shining so great timing. Looks good, just need to run the weedeater as soon as it is returned.

I am going to eat something for lunch and then get cleaned up....although I do have some sticks that need picked up.... :roll: might do that before getting cleaned up again...
Found another mushroom while mowing, might change tonight's menu to mushroom and scrambled eggs.

I may finish setting up the patio, supposedly the chance of frost is over....I sure hope so....I am ready for sunshine and a little more heat.....
Off to do???
Clem, I had a dog that did that, she had doggie dementia and then started pottying everywhere, it was awful...she ended up in pain and I had to have her put to sleep. It just about killed me, but if they are in pain it is just selfish not to help them. I still miss that dog.

JCKitty
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

Good morning everybody!

I am sooooo tired this morning. My dh woke me up screaming out the window at 3 am bc some white car was in front of our house and doing something bc he heard a noise. We had parked our Minnie Winnie (23 feet) in our driveway (instead of inside where it usually is in the side yard) bc we filled it up with gas and need to pass smog so we have to go get that. Idk what they were doing (dh chased them away) and our dog was sleeping away not awaking to any of this commotion at all-too comfy in his bed I guess! This latest dog we have just wants to play 24 hours/7 -he won't even eat, he rather play! First German Shepherd I met like that-our Rottweilers and even Bichon Frise were tougher. We always say if a robber came Kobe would go up to him and drop his teddy bear and want to play! I miss my Rotties-they were excellent guard dogs and smart (and my Bichon).

So I hope they didn't get to do anything-all I could think of was siphoning the gas (they do that here) or steal the catalytic converter or tires(we have had cars out here on bricks and all four tires gone like a block or two away!). Catalytic converters are a big thing too-I will find out I guess when I go get a smog check! Sheesh! Hopefully, we stopped them in time! But I had a hard time getting back to sleep afterwards! When I did i know I dreamt about the RV but don't remember what it was about now.

We went to Sear's yesterday to see dh's beloved vacuum. There were only 3 old looking ones there (newer models and different than his old one). OMG-they must be going out of business soon -it was like an empty ghost town! Barely any tools, everything in rough shape that they did have and barely discounted. Floors were empty in sections. I saw a coil bed (since mine is old and sagging) that was firm and 50% off (still expensive though I thought compared to Costco ones) but they are taking months to ship and even make bc they cannot get the coils in they said (it is made fairly locally which is good). We looked at freezers and they said of course the ones we liked that there is no shipping date (indefinite) bc out of stock and they have no idea when it is coming back in stock (backordered)-that is a lot of places with the freezers-hard to get unless you have one there-they were not giving the samples though. Even furniture at another store we went to a few weeks ago or so said it is 9 months delivery time! So there is evidence of shortages of supplies and only going up,so keep this in mind if you are looking for anything. We will keep looking bc I don't trust if a company already filed for bankruptcy, you may lose your money too if they close down who are you going to get your money back from!? I had a close call with Pier 1 with dining chairs and luckily, I fought right before they closed down and they refunded me after a lot of back and forth. The stores all closed down but they still have online now-those chairs are gone now though. Oh well,I live with mismatched chairs and a 30 year old table top (the cherry base is theirs after ours broke and I was trying to match the chairs to the base).

Talk to you later...have work to do and see if I pass smog hopefully! CA is very strict, but sometimes i think it is a racket for mechanics and the state and car companies to make money off you if it doesn't pass smog. I had to pay 2k to fix my last old car (ugh-but it was cheaper than buying another even used car). That was painful.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:42 am Clem, is the elder pup up and awake during the day? You might consider waking him up and making him go outside, or giving him doggie melatonin to regulate his sleep.

It finally occurred to me that I'm so sore all over because the CoEnzyme Q supplement I take in conjunction with a statin for high cholesterol ran out last weekend. It helps prevent muscle pain from statins, which I do get when I take most statins. So I'm going to try to get to the drugstore at lunch time.
Right now he is still awake. He is usually asleep by now.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

jckitty wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:38 pm Update:

The mowing is done!!!....I went out to check the gas situation and just got it done. There is no wind and the sun is shining so great timing. Looks good, just need to run the weedeater as soon as it is returned.

I am going to eat something for lunch and then get cleaned up....although I do have some sticks that need picked up.... :roll: might do that before getting cleaned up again...
Found another mushroom while mowing, might change tonight's menu to mushroom and scrambled eggs.

I may finish setting up the patio, supposedly the chance of frost is over....I sure hope so....I am ready for sunshine and a little more heat.....
Off to do???
Clem, I had a dog that did that, she had doggie dementia and then started pottying everywhere, it was awful...she ended up in pain and I had to have her put to sleep. It just about killed me, but if they are in pain it is just selfish not to help them. I still miss that dog.

JCKitty
yes think he has dementia. And yes has started pottying in the hallway. But it isn't much and not messy. Every now and then he will use the pads. Now he does use those to pee on. I put out a bunch for him.