Daily Check in May 14, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in May 14, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I slept well last night! Elder pup only barked once. We didn't get up until almost 8

The pups have been out and are asleep again. What a life.

I'm dressed, had one cup of coffee and have been reviewing my clothes. Deciding what to wear to the funeral next week. I did order new pants from JJill.

Might go ahead and cut off the hair. I am no longer in the habit of flat ironing it daily.

I kind of am jealous of people that can spend hours on their hair and makeup - I was never one of those people. Even the COD takes lots of time on his appearnance. :shock:

It is kind of funny.

Well hope all have a great day.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute le monde!

Florida, yes, I am a BIG TIME worrier. I think it started when Dad got sick while I was in high school. It is something I wish I could at least reduce but it doesn't seem to be happening!

They say things come in threes. I am pretty sure I've had my three (1. car dying; 2. that dealio with my friend; 3. running someone else's van into a telephone pole!) and things can proceed "normally" from now on!! I'm ready for that!

I didn't sleep very well last night. I didn't think I would but had hope! I know I'll definitely be taking my noon nap.

John is home from work today and I don't get to hang out with Emmitt but I will be next week on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Today is just an attempt to tidy up some stuff around here and then the weekend!!

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I saw the news from the CDC today. The office I am working in today has low mask compliance among the employees and no one has been vaccinated. Considering how much I suffered getting the shots after having had Covid, I am offended and wearing my mask.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I read that Bill Maher had to cancel his show tonight cuz he tested positive.

And he is fully vaccinated!
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good morning!
I will be going to Kaiser later to get my peepers checked. It's been over a year so they will be dilated and the usual checks will be done. I also want the Dr. to check to see if I am developing cataracts. I was going to have DS drive me and buy us lunch but now that my weight loss has been jump started I don't want to mess that up. I have driven home after eye exams before so know what to expect and am exceptionally careful. Hopefully less traffic that time of day so I can go a little slower.

My weight loss got jump started because I inadvertently took too much of an edible Saturday night before bed so I could get a get a good sleep for Mother's Day. Well I ended up being sick for several days and ate very little. What I did have was home made so I have lost about 5 pounds. I now realize that I have to eat 100% home made food to get some weight off. That means a lot of food prep and cooking but if it makes me feel better and helps my A1C I will make the effort.

Another challenge I have taken up is my food costs. I saw a couple of recent videos from Tawra Kellerman where she pointed out and provided proof that your basic food prices have not increased that much. Some items have gone up quite a bit in price but it appears to be items I am better off not eating. So between the two issues I hope to take some of this weight off over the summer. I know it will make me more comfortable.

Our state is following the CDC's lead and dropping the mask mandate when things totally open up on June 15th. That is our governor's goal providing the covid rates continue to drop and more people get vaccinated. Our school year at work will end on June 25th. The new fiscal year will see us return to a normal school schedule and I am looking forward to that.

Apparently in spite of the 1 year semi-lockdown out state has become flush with money. According to an initiative passed over 30 years ago the state is only allowed to keep so much money in reserve and any unspent money over that must be returned to us taxpayers. So my son and daughter will get yet more stimulus money, this time from the State. I don't think I qualify which is ok. I would rather see it go to my kids. But our school districts will get a pile of money which means my current job is intact for another year. My previous concern about taking work away from those who need it? Not to worry. My pay is minimum wage and places all around are begging for people to come to work and fill jobs. While I can get along financially without the work this past year has taught me I do need a little part time work for my health and sanity, so I will take it. It will help me in paying off my house.

Well I need to finish reading here and go get stuff done. Have a great day!

Bev
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Clem this is why I will continue to wear my mask when I am out and about. Yes I have heard we can still get covid but like the flu hopefully not as bad. We have pretty much stopped wearing our masks at work when kids aren't around. We are all fully vaccinated but kids aren't and still have to mask up and distance so we need to set an example. I don't care one way or another because I have never had an issue with mask wearing. I will confess to having to let my nose stick out when doing crosswalk duty in order to be able to see (since my glasses sometimes fog up).

My son commented last night that as the pandemic abates his social anxiety is abating some as well. He has really gotten upset with customers who don't wear masks because he does not want to get the virus and bring it home. I told him we will be fine and to quit worrying about it and getting upset. It's beyond his control.

As a result of things gradually opening up I have been able to get things done that I have been procrastinating with this past year. As I eat better and lose weight I hope to physically get more done around the house so I don't have to rely on and pay someone else to do it. I think it's a little easier to find help now but I am sure it costs an arm and a leg.

Bev