Daily Check in May 14, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in May 14, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning Frugal Friends,

I am up, showered, laundry is sorted and the first load in the washer.

I am not so sure I am ready to give up masks. They say all Covid requirements/Health orders will be lifted June 1 in Ohio. I think they said 40% of Ohioans are fully vaccinated. Did I tell you that I was able to convince a co-worker who was on the fence to get his vaccine? He told me he was at the Pharmacy later that day and got his first shot.

Anyways, Tomorrow night my social networking friends are going to a free outdoor concert in a park. The band is a favorite local cover band. Should be fun. I am looking forward to it. Tonight I am considering walking across the street for a concert by another local band. It is $5 to get in, Outdoors... At 6 so it will still be somewhat light when it is over. Fortunately all of my walking is in very public and well-lit places and there is a traffic light to cross the 4 lane busy road.

Have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in May 14, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Maggie, I agree with you about masks. After feeling elated with yesterday’s news, I started having second thoughts when I read that 8 NY Yankees tested positive even though they’ve had the vaccine. They had the J&J. I’ve been thinking of ordering a few more masks from the company that makes the ones most comfortable to me and I think I’ll do it today because places may start discontinuing their mask lines.

MJ, I’m a worrier like you but the van damage sounds minimal and can be fixed.

I slept much better last night. Today Pippi’s appointment is at 3 pm and I think we’ll go to mom’s house for a bit after leaving the vet. I have some cat food, water bowls and a litter box at mom’s house. This morning I’ll do some straightening up here but I’m taking a break from decluttering.

The painters did get the first coat on our building. They do not work on the weekend so I think I’ll put my plants back outside tonight so I can water them and get them out of the laundry room and then move them back inside on Sunday evening. Kind of a pain but what can you do.

I was going to watch Hyde Park on Hudson last night but it is not free on Amazon Prime. It is $3.99. I think it is on Hulu which I’ve discontinued. So I’ll get it from the library sometime. Instead I started the Queens Gambit on Netflix. Probably some of you have seen it. So far after two episodes I like it.

Have a good day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:00 am Good morning friends.

Maggie, I agree with you about masks. After feeling elated with yesterday’s news, I started having second thoughts when I read that 8 NY Yankees tested positive even though they’ve had the vaccine. They had the J&J. I’ve been thinking of ordering a few more masks from the company that makes the ones most comfortable to me and I think I’ll do it today because places may start discontinuing their mask lines.

MJ, I’m a worrier like you but the van damage sounds minimal and can be fixed.

I slept much better last night. Today Pippi’s appointment is at 3 pm and I think we’ll go to mom’s house for a bit after leaving the vet. I have some cat food, water bowls and a litter box at mom’s house. This morning I’ll do some straightening up here but I’m taking a break from decluttering.

The painters did get the first coat on our building. They do not work on the weekend so I think I’ll put my plants back outside tonight so I can water them and get them out of the laundry room and then move them back inside on Sunday evening. Kind of a pain but what can you do.

I was going to watch Hyde Park on Hudson last night but it is not free on Amazon Prime. It is $3.99. I think it is on Hulu which I’ve discontinued. So I’ll get it from the library sometime. Instead I started the Queens Gambit on Netflix. Probably some of you have seen it. So far after two episodes I like it.

Have a good day.
Loved Queens Gambit. I do hope you enjoy it.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I had a bit of a restless night last night (well from 2 am on) and so decided after being tapped on the head numerous times by Hubby to try and sleep in the room youngest DS has when he comes home. I think I managed about another hour or so. Now I have my lack of sleep headache which I despise. I hope it does not last all day.

I may head out and hopefully get some more flowers, it looks as if the weather is going to be nice for the next while and not drop too drastically at night. I should perhaps spend some time planting tomorrow. I know I will not be able to get all done in one fell swoop as I used to but over the course of a few days I should get all done. And colour will enter my world once again.

Frugally speaking the same old, same old will be happening. Perhaps next week something new will be added.

My friend gave me a shirt and pants to fix (shorten both) for her father. I had told her I would do one of each to see how the Dad likes them. He is really very picky and just very hard to please. At first the clothing was sweat pant type things and now I find out they are mostly pajama pants. I did tell my friend to wash/dry the shirts first as they sometimes shrink. Sure glad that I did as she said all but one (the one she gave me) shrank to just a tad longer than those that fit him properly. Don't have to fix 8 shirts now. I am not sure how many pants I need to do. Those are being washed today as per my instructions.

Supper tonight is going to be fish, fries, and salad. I will need Hubby to get the Acti-fry down.

Today I am grateful that this cup of coffee is helping with the headache.

Everybody have a great day. Take care
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Slept okay until 2:30 had to take a tylenol...surprise ! I have the starting of a toothache! :(

I don't know if I will ever feel safe without a mask....I have a box of disposable masks and the cloth ones....in my mind there are just too many people locally that are spouting anti-mask, anti-vax ....I have a pouch that I keep in my purse, clean, new masks and will continue to wear them.

My weedeater was finally brought back this AM...now it has to charge before I can use it. :roll:
I need to make a trip to the recycle depot, and do some work in the garage. I am hoping to get my camper stuff "staged" and ready to go.

Going to fire up the grill this evening, chicken breasts and veggies...salad on the side.

Might boil a dozen eggs, don't have a lot of mo-jo this AM, but hoping it will eventually hit me. The sun is shining and it is warming up, that always helps.

Off to get this day started.
JCKitty
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

I read recently that the last flu season was all but negligible because covid precautions prevented most transmission. I'll probably get the flu shot again this year since it didn't make me sick last year but still use a mask* at the grocery store (even in the beforetimes, my only real exposure to lots of other people was the grocery store and church, I'm a big time homebody).

*I'll still mask because DH got the flu 2 years ago that was a different virus than was in the shot; apparently the shot is for the 2-3 versions anticipated to bring the biggest issues in the season, and sometimes you catch a different form. While he was truly sick for right around 26 hours (amazing immune system), a real flu is not something I want my puny immune system to have to mess with.

Ounce of prevention = pound of cure. As an asthmatic I fear covid variants and flus.